Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently wanted to get into long range shooting and ended up with a browning stalker a-bolt in 7mm WSM and it’s stainless. This is an older model all steel no plastic except for the stock. I was wondering about the value of the gun and some info on the caliber and accuracy. I see that it’s stats say it’s on par with a 300 win mag but just a hair better on velocities and bullet drop. It also appears that from what I read the short mag is more accurate and the short action has its pluses. Any info would be appreciated. What should I expect on accuracy and what type of scope should I go with? I want something with a BDC for sure. Also is it going to be a good deer rifle?

Attachments

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
I recently wanted to get into long range shooting and ended up with a browning stalker a-bolt in 7mm WSM and it’s stainless. This is an older model all steel no plastic except for the stock. I was wondering about the value of the gun and some info on the caliber and accuracy. I see that it’s stats say it’s on par with a 300 win mag but just a hair better on velocities and bullet drop. It also appears that from what I read the short mag is more accurate and the short action has its pluses. Any info would be appreciated. What should I expect on accuracy and what type of scope should I go with? I want something with a BDC for sure. Also is it going to be a good deer rifle?
It’s overkill on whitetail deer unless you are shooting them at 500-600yds. As far as accuracy there is no way to tell you how accurate your rifle will be. That said most brownings I have dealt with have been sub moa. The round seems to be fairly accurate as well. Mostly that’s all determined by the trigger puller and getting a load the rifle likes.

If you are wanting to get into Longrange shooting then i would suggest a moa or mil hash reticle, if not a Horus style Christmas tree type. If it was me I would look hard at the Vortex line.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts