Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...before anyone says anything, I'm not where I can take and post pics.

Been meaning to write this but just been too busy. I took a Browning Auto-5 in 20 gauge that was having issues ejecting to Quickeye. Thinking it was a small thing, it turned out the gun had been somewhat bubbafied before I got it. Quickeye will have to give the rundown of what its issue were but this is what I can recall

Wrong fore grip...was from a 16 gauge and was cracked in the finish
friction ring could use replacing
Butt stock didn't fit well
there was a buffer that apparently someone had fabricated instead of using a factory part
Was some minor barrel bluing wear and light scratches.

I picked the gun up a couple of weeks ago, and WOW! It looks like a new gun. Not only did he fix the above but he got most of the imperfections out of the stock and forearm. He also touched up the bluing on the gun. It looks new.

I wish I could express how much I appreciate his attention to detail and craftsmanship. I guess the best way to show it is he now has my sweet 16 that has been in my family since the 60s. My great uncle had it in the 60's, my dad got it in 1973, and It got it approximately 1975 when I was 11 or 12. I shot it a lot crow hunting at Fort Cobb in Oklahoma until I was 15. When I was 15 I cut grass all summer to buy a Browning Citori and it has only been shoot about once a year since then.

Here's to a craftsman...thanks Quickeye

1 - 5 of 5 Posts