Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a BAR that's nice except for a 4"or so portion on top/sides of the barrel where the blue was worn off, apparently from hanging in a truck or four-wheeler rack. I would like to have the barrel removed and re-blued to match original finish as close as possible. I talked to Brownell and they advised it can easily be done just depends on the Smith/Bluer having the right receiver wrench and vise so as to not tweak the action and mar the new finish when re- installing. Also head spacing should not be a problem. Bottom line---Not a big deal and the cost should be 1/2 have of full re-blue or less if you have the tools. I prefer not to cold blue the spot or re-blue the whole gun as the rest is real nice. Anybody interested in doing this and giving me a price? Sorry for being long winded. Thanks

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
Call billy tierce in Utica. If anybody has the tools to remove that barrel he will and he does bluing.

·
Premium Member
3,274 Posts
:yeah:

Billy does blueing. He does it in batches so you'll want to get in on it before he gets busy working on guns during deer and duck season.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts