close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Browning BAR Safari Barrel Bluing

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by widetrackman, Aug 8, 2017.

1. widetrackman

widetrackman Full Poster

I purchased a BAR that's nice except for a 4"or so portion on top/sides of the barrel where the blue was worn off, apparently from hanging in a truck or four-wheeler rack. I would like to have the barrel removed and re-blued to match original finish as close as possible. I talked to Brownell and they advised it can easily be done just depends on the Smith/Bluer having the right receiver wrench and vise so as to not tweak the action and mar the new finish when re- installing. Also head spacing should not be a problem. Bottom line---Not a big deal and the cost should be 1/2 have of full re-blue or less if you have the tools. I prefer not to cold blue the spot or re-blue the whole gun as the rest is real nice. Anybody interested in doing this and giving me a price? Sorry for being long winded. Thanks

2. fordpkup

fordpkup Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

It might help if you added your location.:)

rebel4ever likes this.

3. 41 fan

41 fan Distinguished Poster

you can try here for some ideas on pricing. Should be someone in the state that could help.
    Glenrock Blue
    Ronnie

4. widetrackman

widetrackman Full Poster

Sorry, I am in the Oxford area.

5. Rw

Rw Distinguished Poster

Call billy tierce in Utica. If anybody has the tools to remove that barrel he will and he does bluing.

6. Soonered

Soonered Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

:yeah:

Billy does blueing. He does it in batches so you'll want to get in on it before he gets busy working on guns during deer and duck season.