Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This little pistol was found under a seat in a truck my brother bought a few years ago. Never has worked right,kept kinking the 2nd or 3rd in the fully loaded mag. Once you worked thru those two rounds she was good to go.
The rear sight was lose,you could hit anything with it like that. Where it was staked in had loosened up.....somehow.

So.....I found the mags follower was sticking,massaged the mags walls some and fixed that up. Cleaned it up as well

Then I pulled the pistol down and and polished the feed ramp and barrel throat. Cleaned everything else,greased and oiled.

And before assembling it,went over to my little vice and restaked the rear sight.

After everything was back together I look it outside to my range and sighted it back in.

Pretty much ran like a sewing machine from then on.

I’ve never liked these pistols from a “looks” standpoint but after firing 50rds thru this one......I might keep my eye out for a cheap one.
3FFA497F-A5C4-4A8A-8B77-12ED98EAF1C5.jpeg

·
Premium Member
6,234 Posts
This little pistol was found under a seat in a truck my brother bought a few years ago. Never has worked right,kept kinking the 2nd or 3rd in the fully loaded mag. Once you worked thru those two rounds she was good to go.
The rear sight was lose,you could hit anything with it like that. Where it was staked in had loosened up.....somehow.

So.....I found the mags follower was sticking,massaged the mags walls some and fixed that up. Cleaned it up as well

Then I pulled the pistol down and and polished the feed ramp and barrel throat. Cleaned everything else,greased and oiled.

And before assembling it,went over to my little vice and restaked the rear sight.

After everything was back together I look it outside to my range and sighted it back in.

I’ve never liked these pistols from a “looks” standpoint but after firing 50rds thru this one......I might keep my eye out for a cheap one.
View attachment 117469
I totally agree with you. I do not like them, so to make things more bearable for you, I will give you 200 dollars so you won,t have to look at that gun.:)

·
Registered
10,540 Posts
View attachment 117469
The Buckmark Micro bull barrel variation of it was on sale on Thanksgiving Day online starting during the early AM from Rural King for $178 after their discount and the Browning rebate ($12.95 S&H). They were gone by the time I got up in the morning. I missed it by not checking before I headed to bed (I figured that deal would be in-store only), sigh.

·
Rational Anarchist
14,497 Posts

View attachment 117469
The pistol itself, aside from the grips and rear sight look just like mine but I just noticed that the magazine appears to be the newer make, the wide base wasn’t a thing when my Buckmark was made in the early ‘90’s but was present on new models in the early ‘00’s. The bases on my mags are the same width as the magazine body.

·
Premium Member
14,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Perhaps you should just look under HIS truck seat!
Now that it shoots it’s transformed from “junk that I don’t care about” to “man this thing is freakin sweet” today.
He shot it today. All hope of getting it from him is gone now. Lol

·
Super Moderator
13,397 Posts
Jackson has a bull barrel target model that he bought with his landscaping money in '06. A buddy of mine was in a bind and asking $250. Jack and I went and looked at it and shot it and Jack wanted it bad. He looked up at my buddy and said, "Mr. John, I wouldn't mind having that old pistol, but not for $250. I only make $3 an hour and Mom makes me go to school all day so I only get to work on Saturday. I only have $230 and I'll have to buy some bullets or the pistol won't do me no good. I'll give you $200, take it or leave it."
John looked at me and I just shrugged. They dickered a few minutes until Jack pointed out that the pistol was older than he was and probably worn out. Jack got the pistol at his price. He was 6

·
Premium Member
6,234 Posts
I have Rugers, Smiths, Browning, and High Standard 22 autos. The Browning was my first target model. They are balanced and very accurate. Not taking anything away from the other brands but I favor the Buckmark a little more. The no creep triggers are great.

·
Premium Member
14,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well this pistol is now mine. It fouled up on him again and he got aggravated with it. Traded him some helper air bags for his truck and I got this.
Truthfully......I’d have rather kept the bags but I’d had them for awhile and never used them. The pistol I’ll shoot lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts