Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been interested in and looking to get another 22. I like that the Browning BL-22 will run shorts, longs and long rifle. I prefer the shorts and longs and have a pretty good stock pile of them.

I have only had experience with a lever gun in 30-30 back in the late 1960's and it was a jamb-o-matic. I only kept it a couple of weeks and traded it off for something else. It was messed up when I got it. I am looking to hear from anyone that owns one of the newer Brownings about how the shoot and how well you like it. I have a line one for a decent price from a guy that wants to move up to a 22 magnum.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Personally I had one in about 1990 if I recall. Put about 200rnds thru it & got rid of it. If I worked the action quickest feed fairly well. If I did it slowly it didn't. I dont care for poorly operating guns. Had a coworker had the same issue with his as well. Dont know his year model. Maybe they've gotten better. I'm sure there are folks here on MSGO that love them and have never had an issue. I'm old school. Since then I've never taken interest in another. Had the Browning A-bolt 22. Nice little gun. Had it for years and gave it to my best friends son for a special birthday present. Maybe his 13th. I have 5 Marlin 39. All from years of 65, 70, 71, 92, 93. No problems with them

·
Premium Member
14,178 Posts
I'm no help on the Browning. I've never shot one. I much prefer the Marlin 39's. I've got "several" of them and have never had any issues with one. I also have a couple of Win 9422's but haven't shot either one enough to say they are trouble free.

·
Nocturnal Specialties
7,476 Posts
Henry 22 basic lever action I've got shoots shorts, longs, and long rifles really good. And you can work the action as fast as to want.
I bought a couple of them a few years ago for $200 each. Only complaint I have is how slick the wood is. I'm use to ARs and such with some "traction". Squirrel hunting with the Henry's is alot of fun but they are hard to hold on to with gloves.

·
Premium Member
2,004 Posts
I'm no help with the Browning info, but second the Marlin. I have a Marlin 39A (1946) and it will take CB caps, Shorts, Longs, and Long Rifles, no problem. As long as I keep it clean. It's tied with a Remington 550 for 1st place for accuracy among the dozens of .22s I've shot over the years, well above the average.

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
I have a BL-22 and it’s a great little rifle. Compact and a good shooter. The short throw of the lever is neat. It’s my second favorite 22 rifle, just behind my Browning SA-22’s. My SA-22’s are my all time favorites, one in 22LR and one 22 Short.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.