Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a lightly used 10/22 from Doug Bowser a few months ago. Older model with aluminum trigger guard, wood stock. Front barrel band had been deleted. Very few handling marks. Took it out to the range and it shot pretty good. In fact, it shot really good. @25 yards with open sights I could make 10 shot groups inside 2". I was happy with my purchase. Last week, Mr. Bowser supplied me with a slightly used Tasco 6x-24x,42 Target/Varmint Scope with a set of Weaver 1" rings, the forward one being of the extension style. He also installed said scope and rings onto said 10/22. Took said rifle and scope to the range today and within 10-15 shots was producing groups like those pictured below. All shots at 25 yards from a bag.

IMG_0302[3635].jpg
IMG_0305[3629].jpg
IMG_0298[3643].jpg
IMG_0299[3641].jpg
IMG_0300[3639].jpg
IMG_0301[3637].jpg

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
10/22’s are just hard to beat as a good all around 22 rifle, over the years I have had many and still do, from pure stock to custom hot rod rifles, I still like the older ones all metal and walnut stocks, yours looks like it’s shooting good from the targets above.

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,588 Posts
I spent way too much time trying to find the group on the target with the can tab.
:lol4: me too. I think he planned it that way.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Speaking of Mr. Doug, how is he? Have not seen him on here lately.
He’s well. Still very active in SW Gun Club. He’ll come on when he has a gun or two to sell.

Reactions: 94LEVERFAN

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
The really nice thing about 10/22s is that they are so simple to repair, build and customize. Changing barrels couldn't be easier. I've owned and built several over the years and found their accuracy to run from merely acceptable to superb. Often, merely changing a barrel will turn a so-so shooter into a uber accurate target destroyer!

Best
Doc

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
I like the Ruger 10/22 and the Marlin 60 and Marlin bolt actions. I personally don,t need a gun that would shoot any more accurate than these work horses.They fit the bill just fine.

Reactions: 7557 and rc

·
Registered
24 Posts
I enjoy both Marlin and Rugers. Really good economic rifles for their performance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts