Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got her all put together. Little disappointed in quality of the Brownells furniture. Grip is fine, buttstock is okay, but the handguard is Pretty flimsy. Wouldn't want to go rucking through to bush with it. But it turned out looking how I wanted it too. Upper fits super tight to the lower, more so than any AR I have or built. No wiggle whatsoever. Thought wasn't going to be able to get the take down pin to go all the way through.
IMG_3806.JPG

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on this one!!! :)

Very nice looking, indeed!!! :101010::101010::101010:
Looks good
Thanks. Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to come across an original Colt SP1 and can afford it at the time. At least with this one I won't be afraid to go do some mag dumps or sand bag thrusts.

·
I could only pick one, extra money, or guns.
4,437 Posts
Thanks. Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to come across an original Colt SP1 and can afford it at the time. At least with this one I won't be afraid to go do some mag dumps or sand bag thrusts.
Someone sold an sp-1 on here not long ago didn't they?

Either way that's still a nice build.

When I first got into ar15s I liked all that hi-speed, low drag, tactical stuff, and didn't care much for stuff like this one, but that has quickly changed, now I really dig the plain old ar15 and the retro ones, still not a fan of the integral charging handle uppers though.

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,673 Posts
It needs begs for some 20-round straight body USGI mags!!! :)

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Someone sold an sp-1 on here not long ago didn't they?

Either way that's still a nice build.

When I first got into ar15s I liked all that hi-speed, low drag, tactical stuff, and didn't care much for stuff like this one, but that has quickly changed, now I really dig the plain old ar15 and the retro ones, still not a fan of the integral charging handle uppers though.
Yes they did. No funds at time. Killed me to see it go.
I was/am the exact way. Have a few all tacticool builds and battle gear carbines but had been wanting an old school one for awhile. Even worse after I bought my Garand a while back. Guess as I age so does my tastes/preferences.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It needs begs for some 20-round straight body USGI mags!!! :)
I've got two of the ones pictured. And two 5round AR stoner mags. And the 30rnd ASC in the mag carrier. That's all the metal mags I have. I'll probably pick up some more 20rnd steelies in the near future.
Anybody have a good link to some?

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,673 Posts

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a good one... :)

44MAG.com - .223/5.56mm AR15 Magazines - NHMTG 5.56 20rd AR15 Magazine USGI

These have an aluminum body... and plastic/polymer follower. Great mag and 44Mag is solid to deal with too.
Those are sweet. But pricey. Eventually no longer available makes me want them more though lol.

Have you ever heard of bear creek aresenal.
Absolutely. Primary Arms sells their stuff. No experience however. Thought about building a side charger with their stuff but never did. From what I've gathered they are pretty budget friendly as real cheap and as long as not wanting a tack driver will probably be okay. Can't imagine their barrels are super accurate or would hear a lot more out of them as they are so inexpensive

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
4,437 Posts
Those are sweet. But pricey. Eventually no longer available makes me want them more though lol.

Absolutely. Primary Arms sells their stuff. No experience however. Thought about building a side charger with their stuff but never did. From what I've gathered they are pretty budget friendly as real cheap and as long as not wanting a tack driver will probably be okay. Can't imagine their barrels are super accurate or would hear a lot more out of them as they are so inexpensive
I dont know if the stuff they are supplying primary arms with is any different but the stuff directly from their website was superlative, and shot sub MOA.
Check out a channel on YouTube called 704 tactical, he totally changed my perspective on putting together ar15s, that channel is where I learned about BCA, along with a host of other less known companies truly making some superb products for less than expected.

If you seen my thread impressive that rifle he put together from an aero lower and a alpha shooting sports upper and a sightmark wolverine red dot sight, made it hard to justify some of my expensive ar15s, and their 400$ plus optics.

·
4,437 Posts
Also I'm about to look into doing some business with Heavy Armor Division.

The work they do on 1911s and glocks are spectacular, especially for what they charge.

The things they can do to your 450 rock island 1911 is absolutely stupefying to me.

For like 350$

They turned this
411552921_2.jpg

Into this

Screenshot_20180901-155513_Chrome.jpg

That price can go up exponentially if you get the full Cadillac package but they will do the machine work for you at an insanely good price.

You have to call them and hash it out for estimates.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dont know if the stuff they are supplying primary arms with is any different but the stuff directly from their website was superlative, and shot sub MOA.
Check out a channel on YouTube called 704 tactical, he totally changed my perspective on putting together ar15s, that channel is where I learned about BCA, along with a host of other less known companies truly making some superb products for less than expected.

If you seen my thread impressive that rifle he put together from an aero lower and a alpha shooting sports upper and a sightmark wolverine red dot sight, made it hard to justify some of my expensive ar15s, and their 400$ plus optics.
Yeah I haven't bought a factory put together AR in over 5 years. And they are cheaper than ever right now to build. I wish I could work part time for a shop putting them together cause man I love building them. I'd work for minimum wage too.

The work they do on 1911s and glocks are spectacular, especially for what they charge.

The things they can do to your 450 rock island 1911 is absolutely stupefying to me.

For like 350$

They turned this
View attachment 100067

Into this

View attachment 100069

That price can go up exponentially if you get the full Cadillac package but they will do the machine work for you at an insanely good price.

Ohh dang that thing is sweet!!

·
4,437 Posts
Yeah I haven't bought a factory put together AR in over 5 years. And they are cheaper than ever right now to build. I wish I could work part time for a shop putting them together cause man I love building them. I'd work for minimum wage too.

Ohh dang that thing is sweet!!
For some reason their glock work is expensive as all get out though.

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,673 Posts

For like 350$

They turned this
View attachment 100067

Into this

View attachment 100069

I kind of prefer the "old school" before version... just saying!!! :cool:

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,491 Posts
While I like the old school just fine usually my preference. A bobtailed 1911 is just about the bee's knees in grip.

Reactions: Southern Reloading
1 - 20 of 32 Posts