Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Blessed are the peacemakers
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a suppressor started before July and starting my research now.

Budget: $200 could stretch to $300 if needed
Caliber needs: 22LR and 17 HMR
Misc Needs: ability to disassemble for cleaning.

Looking at a hunter town arms guardian but from what I've heard their CS has gone downhill and sometimes you can't even get ahold of them.

Any other options I should consider?
I'd like to have a higher budget but I'm just starting a new job (Currently still in the hiring process but I've signed a contract) and I hate having money flowing out but not in.

·
Super Moderator
13,400 Posts
My son and I went down to Smith's Speed Shop down around Laurel awhile back. We shot 13 different cans on the same rifle. The absolute quietest by far was the Coastal 22 hornet. Rated for all .22's, including the hornet and also all the .17's up to full auto. It was really a noticeable difference between it and the ones that cost twice as much. I still haven't gotten one, but when I do it will be a Coastal.

·
Blessed are the peacemakers
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
4,681 Posts
Leadburner, I got a Coastal Gun LRT 7.62. It is a breakdown type for cleaning, and ain't a real light one. Lower tier one...$587.43 tax included. He will send me the paperwork in a couple days and I will send it in with a check and use registered mail...reckon this is the best way ?
ps: I am putting this on my trust with my other suppressor.

·
Premium Member
4,267 Posts
Leadburner, I got a Coastal Gun LRT 7.62. It is a breakdown type for cleaning, and ain't a real light one. Lower tier one...$587.43 tax included. He will send me the paperwork in a couple days and I will send it in with a check and use registered mail...reckon this is the best way ?
ps: I am putting this on my trust with my other suppressor.

That's what I've always done. Make sure you send duplicate copy's of everything. Paperwork & trust each set separated with paper clips & the check attached to one set. I am curious why he didn't give you the paperwork today though. I always walk out the door headed to the post office.

·
Premium Member
4,681 Posts
Thanks again Leadburner. He has to get his wife to do all the paperwork. Guess she does it at night. She said she would mail it or I could ride up tomorrow and get it. I told them just to mail it. She did make a copy of the Trust.
Are you saying that I will need to make another copy of the trust and send 2 copies to get the tax stamp ? I think he did say a yellow instruction sheet is included in the stuff he will mail me. He had customers coming in and I reckon this is their way to do it.

·
Premium Member
4,681 Posts
Hey Leadburner....when the tax stamp is approved and sent out...where does it go...to the seller with the device .....or to me...the buyer ? Thanks, Pete

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check out the XCaliber Eco 22. 199$ and the quietest one on the market. User Sevicable. Lifetime warranty. No first round pop. I'm a NFA dealer and I deal with them all.

The Eco 22 is the best value for the buck. 5.5" long, 1 inch dia. I have several customers that own the Sparrows, Outbacks, Pilots, Guardians, Coastals,Griffens and their second silencer was the Eco-22. If you like the Guardian, the Eco is 9 decibles quieter.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts