close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bullet bootlegging begins 1 Jan in CA

Discussion in 'Round Table' started by GunnyGene, Dec 5, 2017.

1. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

On Cabela's home page is this headline notification. Sooooooo, I can hardly wait for the bootlegging to begin. :lol:

This is the result of CA Prop 63, which requires a NICS check for all ammo sales and purchases. Unfortunately, the CA bureaucracy isn't up to the task of providing processes and forms to dealers and individuals, so nobody knows how they are supposed to obey this law.

More info here: California's Inefficiency May Seriously Screw Over Ammo Vendors

2. para40

para40 Sr. Curmudgeon MSGO Supporter

Lamar Co.
    Think of the children.
    this will cause no lives to be saved,
    but , ahh that warm fuzzy felling.

[​IMG]

maxhush, 94LEVERFAN, rigrat and 4 others like this.

3. Dave

Dave Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I read Prop 63. It doesn't mention a thing about reloading ammo. I guess you can do that but you just can't sell, transfer etc. without being licensed and doing a background check on those wanting to purchase. Why is this state a part of the union?

maxhush, fordpkup, rigrat and 2 others like this.
  4. bar306

bar306 Distinguished Poster

Nevada, Arizona and Oregon's sales tax collections are about to get a big boost.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 1:09 AM
  5. SubGunFan

SubGunFan Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Jackson
    I hope the good people get out of California before we need to put up a wall there.....

maxhush, 94LEVERFAN, fordpkup and 3 others like this.
  6. GunnyGene

Don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if components are restricted -powder in particular - or requires some kind of license to manufacture or reman ammo, etc. The other thing is there is a limit to how many times you can reuse a case.

As for your second question; it may not be for much longer.

94LEVERFAN likes this.
  7. TheBouncer1111

TheBouncer1111 Distinguished Poster

Been wondering when the left would use this tactic. Bet they'll determine that the 2ndA applies to firearms, but not ammunition, therefore can be restricted, infringed etc.

8. As far as "bootlegging," Kalifornia has inspection stations at some border crossings, such as the Oregon-Kalifornia border on I-5.

I would not be surprised if the agricultural inspectors at those stations are tasked to inquire if ammo is entering the state.

mascott likes this.
  9. maxhush

maxhush Distinguished Poster

NW MS
    That just means it'll have to come up from Mehico as it would be rudely profiling to stop any traffic from that direction.

mascott likes this.
  10. GunnyGene

16 of them to be exact. Here's where they are, and also would expect them to, although they might not be able or want to use the Ag dept. Might station the local LEO K-9 teams to do it at those stations tho. I can see it now. Dog sniffs pot - ok go on thru. Dog sniffs a loose .22 round - OUT OF THE CAR - HANDS ON ROOF, SPREAD 'EM! While a officer of the law has his full auto M-4 pointed at your head. :wut:

Reminds me of ol' Capt. Zach running the British blockades around 1812. :rolleyes:

CALIFORNIA BORDER PROTECTION STATIONS

maxhush likes this.
  11. Caleb C

Caleb C Distinguished Poster

Lake, MS
    If they'd had more inspections on the Mexican border to begin with, they wouldn't be in the condition they're in right now.

maxhush, para40 and mascott like this.
  12. I see a start-up industry => flying ammo into Kalifornia via private aircraft. :holy:

13. Leonidas

Leonidas Resident Mushroom (know what they say) MSGO Supporter

Business opportunity for the Kennedys.

14. Leonidas

Leonidas Resident Mushroom (know what they say) MSGO Supporter

Not Oregon. No sales tax.

15. 94LEVERFAN

94LEVERFAN Distinguished Poster

Gunny, how does anybody know how many times a case has been used or reloaded? Never seen a meter on any of my cartridges.

sigpro2022 likes this.
  16. GunnyGene

I was talking about usable life, not some arbitrary number.