Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m setting here watching YouTube vids on Remington 700s and ran across a few for 2 years ago where a guy was buying them for $90!! Does anyone remember anything about this? It doesn’t get into detail on the vids, just shows the deals he got. How the hell can I get one of these?! I can’t even find guns on Walmart.com, it reroutes to accessories on whichever caliber I search for.
Font Audio equipment Electronic device Display device Advertising

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
23,143 Posts
There was guy on facebook that posted pictures and receipts of rifles he got for $100-150 a few years ago.

Reactions: Stephen Fowler

·
Registered
248 Posts
I remember the mini-14’s for $399 around that time frame, I think they were getting out of the scary gun business. Now they want crackhead prices for them at the gun show, might need to sell some.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,708 Posts
Local walmart hasn't had much of a selection behind the counter. Well until now the case is full guess they are trying to capitalize on hunting season, and then will go back anti-gun.

·
Registered
732 Posts
So the $49 thing was an error on their part. I remember people were taking advantage of a mislabeled price online and they quickly nixed it. But, that was also during the time they were getting rid of a lot of guns as they were no longer going to sell handguns, handgun ammo, and any semi automatic rifle or shotgun. But they had lowered prices on all guns to try to clear out as much as possible. I regret not scooping up some of those Mini-14's they had though. Especially given what they fetch now.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
So the $49 thing was an error on their part. I remember people were taking advantage of a mislabeled price online and they quickly nixed it. But, that was also during the time they were getting rid of a lot of guns as they were no longer going to sell handguns, handgun ammo, and any semi automatic rifle or shotgun. But they had lowered prices on all guns to try to clear out as much as possible. I regret not scooping up some of those Mini-14's they had though. Especially given what they fetch now.
Me too!
If we only knew, right?

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,708 Posts
They must have changed their mind on shotguns still selling them in Waynesboro.

·
23,143 Posts
I don't remember our local Walmart ever selling handguns.

·
Registered
12,505 Posts
Walmarts in different parts of the US would sell different gun related items. Back in the early 80s I bought some Win 231 at a Walmart in AR or MO.

Yup, I see posts all the time from people buying reloading supplies at their local Walmart.

·
23,143 Posts
Back in 1974 or 1975 or so, my Dad bought me an Arminus .357 revolver from our local wallyworld.
We didn't have a Walmart in 74 or 75...lol
I bought an Arminius .38 at Otasco in 1980

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Walmart in Indianola only has shotgun shells, no buckshot. They used to sell handguns in the old store before they built the "supercenter."

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
When I worked at KMART back in '97. I bought a Marlin model 60 for $25. A Remington 870 3" for $75. And a Mossberg 12gauge 2 3/4" (don't know the model) for $75. An associate bought a model 700 ADL for $150.
It was nice being the Sporting Goods Manager. When they decided to clearance a firearm I was the first to know!

·
Super Moderator
9,196 Posts
I don't remember our local Walmart ever selling handguns.
I started working for Walmart in January of 1994. At the one in Hattiesburg on Highway 98. At that time, Walmart was just getting OUT of the handgun business. They had pulled them all off the sales floor, and were keeping them in the back, for sale to employees only at STUPID low prices (less than half-price) just to get rid of them. I bought a Rossi Model 851 revolver in .38 Special, and a Browning Buckmark .22 pistol. Buddy of mine bought a Glock 19.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts