Mississippi Gun Owners banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
23,258 Posts
Walmart in Indianola only has shotgun shells, no buckshot. They used to sell handguns in the old store before they built the "supercenter."
They didn't when I lived there from 89-2001

Reactions: Stephen Fowler

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,736 Posts
I don't remember our local Walmart ever selling handguns.
I remember back when they did. Then they went to only ordering them for you, had a book of what they offered usually on the counter or behind it . You could look through it and then order what you wanted.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
This was last August. On top of the savage rifles being marked down to $49, there was a $50 apiece mail in rebate at the time so I essentially got both of them and made two dollars!
View attachment 282361
How did you find out about the clearance? Half the time I ask about sales the clerks in Sporting Goods have no clue what I’m talking about.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
@WeBeJeepin funny, that is how I got my 22-250. I picked up 4 rifles at that time. I scored a .243, .308, 7mm Mag and the afore mentioned 22-250. I bought one of each caliber they had in stock. If I was smarter I would have just bought them all. I have never even taken them out of the box. I think my daughter has the 22-250 now, not really sure.
Wood Font Fixture Glass Rectangle

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,824 Posts
They must have been closing out on inventory for a limited number of guns. Because they were not making any profit at that price. Or it could have been a 16 year old boy working on the weekend and that is the price that popped up on checkout. Sometimes you get lucky.

·
Super Moderator
9,365 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
@WeBeJeepin funny, that is how I got my 22-250. I picked up 4 rifles at that time. I scored a .243, .308, 7mm Mag and the afore mentioned 22-250. I bought one of each caliber they had in stock. If I was smarter I would have just bought them all. I have never even taken them out of the box. I think my daughter has the 22-250 now, not really sure. View attachment 282365
Wanna sell one?

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
23,258 Posts
Reactions: melmerf

·
Registered
79 Posts
Walmart has blocked firearms and ammunition inventory from Brickseek and Dexter. The trick was knowing that they were marked down before they were actually tagged in the store or knowing that a particular gun on clearance was there but in the back and not on display

·
Super Moderator
9,365 Posts
Walmart has blocked firearms and ammunition inventory from Brickseek and Dexter. The trick was knowing that they were marked down before they were actually tagged in the store or knowing that a particular gun on clearance was there but in the back and not on display
And often times, the employees would know about the ridiculous low prices, and purposely put the clearance guns in the back, and claim they were all sold out if a customer asked about them (so the employees or their friends could get them).

21 - 37 of 37 Posts