Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped in today to see how it was going. Starting to look like a real gun shop, except for no smith services. Ammo display is filling up pretty good, pistol counter is full, rifle carousels are full with a variey of nice long guns on display. And got a peek in the back room - looked like they had another 300+ boxed firearms on the shelves. Bought a couple boxes of 9mm Sig 124grn V-Crown jhp - $15/20 but no sales tax or shipping of course. One other guy in AF uniform was picking up a Beretta 92F which he said was his (upcoming) retirement gift to himself. :D

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I have to make a day trip there myself one of these days. It's a federal GFZ, I assume.

I haven't been to a Exchange in person since I returned from SWA in 2011, though I have shopped their ammo online.

Reactions: Mesquite

·
Registered
15,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

I have to make a day trip there myself one of these days. It's a federal GFZ, I assume.

I haven't been to a Exchange in person since I returned from SWA in 2011, though I have shopped their ammo online.
Don't know if it would be worth the gas, unless you're down this way for other business. And yes it is a GFZ, although I haven't seen any indication of random gate searches in about 9 months, and I go there at least once a week. I think they're spooked about Covid if they go poking thru somebody's car.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I’ll stop in if I’m ever in the area. I didn’t know the px had a online ammo sales?!? The Jackson px is pretty much just a liquor store. I mentioned CAFB getting a gun store and the guy was like “yeah that ain’t happening here”.

·
Registered
15,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ll stop in if I’m ever in the area. I didn’t know the px had a online ammo sales?!? The Jackson px is pretty much just a liquor store. I mentioned CAFB getting a gun store and the guy was like “yeah that ain’t happening here”.
Normally it's just the larger bases that will have a gun counter. Partly because there needs to be a market for it, just like any other business. As for the on-line sales, CAFB hasn't gotten on the approved list at AAFES yet, so you can't order guns on-line and have it shipped there for pickup, and they won't ship to a civilian FFL. They've applied, but like everything else it's a slow process. As far as I know, CAFB is the first and only military FFL in MS. They will ship ammo to your street address, just like any other on-line seller, but they don't carry much. At least not right now. Take a look:

Other stuff like grips, mags, scopes, etc. are also carried, but you can often beat the prices locally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts