1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
803 Posts
Looking forward to seeing how this works out for CA. I would think more crime and violence (criminals robbing to get ammo) and less tax revenue (criminals and gangs going into the black market business). Just wondering what's next ?
I do know lawmakers should always beware the Law of Unintended Consequences. Anyone remember the Philly soda tax? Case in point.

·
Registered
15,254 Posts
What does this do to the reloading community?

Just wondering.
I don't think anything at the moment. Likely an oversight by the tyrants. That'll be taken care of next year no doubt.

Reactions: 7557

·
Premium Member
27,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Related … and BOOM!

Editorial: Another gun-control law aimed at the wrong people – Chico Enterprise-Record

But, who exactly is going to be most impacted by the new law?

According to the state’s Department of Justice, there are approximately 13.2 million ammunition purchases in the state every year. The DOJ estimates that 13 million of these purchases will be made by people who have already cleared the background checks.

But, guess what. For good measure, they’ll have to pay a $1 fee every time they buy ammunition to cover the cost of the background check. So, there’s another $13 million the state will collect every year from people who weren’t doing anything wrong in the first place.

But what about the people who are the problem? Won’t this law keep ammunition out of their hands and, thus, save innocent lives?

We certainly hope so. We’re also realistic enough to realize that many criminals will find a way around this. Some gun-control advocates may be unaware of the fact that reloading your own ammunition is a pretty popular pastime among people who own guns; in other words, if you run out of bullets, you don’t necessarily need to go back to the sporting goods store to buy some more. We’re guessing sales of ammo reload kits have gone through the roof recently, too.
We just wish more of these measures were focused on mental health, and keeping dangerous criminals off the streets in the first place, than targeting people who aren’t doing anything wrong.

·
Registered
15,254 Posts
And as of today, ammo sales in CA are going to fall thru the floor. I hope the retailers have been putting some money in the bank during the good times. Next months sales volume is gonna suck big time.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
What should happen in Kalifornicate next is that absolutely
not ONE round of ammunition is available to be sold to a
single governmental entity, not the CHP, any local PDs,
NOBODY
. let the miserable morons and illegal immigrants
running the state deal with an essentially unarmed LEO
community and see how fast that law changes once some
LEO has to tell their dispatcher they cannot respond to a
homicide in progress since they are out of ammunition.

Reactions: 7557 and Cliff731

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,024 Posts
Nothing that happens in California surprises me anymore... it is truly the "mecca" of too much darned gubbermit and far left liberal politicians who have run amuck... :eek: :(

Prolly more California residents are yearning to leave there now than those who aspire to live in the so called "Golden State"... o_O

(Not counting the "illegals"... :D )

Reactions: eric3713 and 7557

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
45flattop, I agree with all you said above, but we know it will never happen, it is like all of the Northeastern States with all of their gun control laws, no black rifles, no high capacity magazines, no 16 round pistol magazines, but it goes back to the old saying I can have it but you can’t, I am glad we live in a state with pro gun laws, but also remember federal laws over trumps state laws every time.

·
Premium Member
27,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
What could possibly go wrong, right?

California's New Ammunition Background Check Law Is A Total Mess

California’s new requirements for background checks on all sales of ammunition are causing more headaches than stopping criminals, according to California Rifle and Pistol Association President Chuck Michel.

In an in-depth and wide-ranging interview, Michel says that during the first month of ammo law, 11,000 of the 65,000 ammunition purchases in the state were flagged, delayed, and in many cases denied. Does that mean 11,000 criminals were stopped from buying bullets? Not even close. According to Michel, the state of California says 100 prohibited persons were prevented from buying ammunition at retail in the state.

Now U.S. District Judge Robert Benitez wants to hear an explanation from the state about the fact that the new law is stopping far more legal gun owners from legally purchasing ammunition than it is stopping criminals from illegally obtaining ammo.

###
(emphasis, mine)

You get what you elect - although most lawful CA gunowners probably didn't elect those utopian fools.

This system's rollout is rivaling Obamacare's … for incompetence.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts