Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is an OLD post from last year (2010) started by SGF when we went to Camp McCain for our first MSGO AR Shoot -- I am reposting this thead to give our NEW participants an idea of what to expect--

Captain-03

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ENEMY.................... :)

You guys still on the fence about attending...... You better tell Captain soon.......

·
Premium Member
14,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Camp McCain Recon Trip - - Pictures

Ok guys.... Got finished with Job #2 early tonight. Now for some PICTURES.

The recon group.

So many ranges to choose from. We will be on Range 2B.

A little humor first to make you guys want to POP the ENEMY..... This picture also shows the range control tower.

The foxholes.

View downrange........................... NOTE: All your targets will appear between your downrange foxhole numbers.

This picture is zoomed in a little to show the targets better. 7 targets at each foxhole. I understand the typical COF is 40rds.

The control PC runs the COF. Targets will appear as singles or doubles (at any distance.... :) )
Another cool part is the PC logs all the hits and prints out the results.

View from the control tower. We get to run the control ourselves.

Now for a few pictures to show the size of this range......................................... 16 foxholes.

Ready on the right...

Ready on the left... The firing line is ready.

From foxhole 1 to foxhole 16 must be 200+yds. This range is BIG.

Enemy attacking on the right.........

Enemy attacking on the left.........

Range 5. Only 4 foxholes.

But the targets are MUCH farther out......................... :)

And finally.......................

Captain's new ride......

However, not if I can get this thing in my truck first........... :)

OK guys & gals.... If these pictures don't make you want to come shoot with us... Maybe you should stick with handguns...

:)

·
Premium Member
14,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
5 runs at 40rds per run = 200rds. NOTE: You will not be limited to only 5 runs.

The total number of runs depends on...............

1. How much you want to shoot.

2. How long each relay takes.

3. How many people attend.

With 16 foxholes that allows for many shooter. However, some people will have to be ROs during a relay.

Captain correct me if I am wrong, but I think a COF lasted 3-5 minutes. Since we don't go downrange to score, that will save time.

I see 10 to 15 minutes between relays. 10 minutes for relays in which you stay in the foxhole between relays, and 15 minutes when new shooters move into foxholes. Also to help save time, I say that a shooter could shoot up to 3 consecutive relays (with different firearms if desired if those firearms are brought to the foxhole when you first arrive at your foxhole. No leaving the foxhole to go get another firearm.) Remember to bring enough ammo to shoot all 3 relays if that is your plan. No extra ammo will be brought to you.

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
BTT - for informational purposes -- June 4, 2011 AR Shoot!!

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
This deserves a "bump" in case some of y'all been hibernating the last few months. Get off the fence and sign up...it's a blast, literally.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I was looking over the photos from the Septmeber 18, 2010 Camp McCain MSGO AR-15 Shoot, and we missed the June 4, 2011 shoot due to the Grab-U-One Snake Rodeo at Lake Washington being held on the same day. Has any consideration been given to scheduling another Camp McCain Shoot in the future?  This was definitely the highlight of my many organized shooting trips and/or competitions.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Subgun Fan, I have a picture somewhere of me hanging from the same kind of tank-but I was wearing bell bottoms then at Ft. Sill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts