Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sidroski said:
Hard to believe you can't find a stock. Having one specially made would cost as much the rifle itself I would think.
I know but I have looked everywhere. Had one local gun shop that thought they might could help me but turned out they couldn't get one either. I'm hoping maybe I can find a full gun that no longer functions or something and then I could swap out the stocks. I've checked with shops in MS. and even in other states and no one can find one.. Oh well, guess the hunt continues... :wallbash:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slngblde said:
It wouldnt be pretty but i could fix it plastic welding it. Do you have all the pieces?
I don't have the pieces. when it broke it kinda exploded, for the lack of a better word..... I'd have to find a replacement of have one made. Hummm.. maybe a convert to a pistol grip...

·
Registered
90 Posts
That's probably the best idea. Those guns are hard to find any parts for. Went in shock when I went to a gun show and saw what they want for them 250 and up! Only paid 90 bucks for mine 25 years ago. Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, saw one in auction going for right at 300.00 bucks. Parts are very hard to come by it seems and stocks... impossible... To bad though, the guns is a really good shooter....

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
sounds like you just need to give it me.... :evilgun:

find a wood stock...and find a real craftsman and have it fitted....yeah it cost you a buck or 2

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's looking like my only option Neck. I think it will have to be,a custom job though right? Ouch!! Yall got ideas on who I might call to possibly have it done. I can check local but might do better driving a bit..

·
Registered
446 Posts
Numrich Arms has quite a few Remington 77 parts. They are showing "sold out" on the Stocks. Price is only 80.00. BTW, the stock is made of Zytel from dupont and was developed exclusively for the Remington rifles.

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
If you can find a suitable new stock to use the rear from i can weld those 2 together combined with some epoxy. I have quite a bit of experience with plastic repair. If i wasnt using it i would offer a 10/22 factory synthetic stock i have.

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
I cant search for it right now, but either sarco or numrich have been advertising lots of factory remington synthetics stocks for sale fairly cheap, the rear from one of those could be blended. It wouldnt be perfect but it would be usable.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Do a search for wildcat thumbhole stocks, they make a lot of different stocks and some really cool ones

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,123 Posts
Is the 77 built like the 66? If so a regular stock ain't gonna work because the reciever is part of the stock.

This is the stock for a 66

1 - 15 of 15 Posts