1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sidroski said:
Hard to believe you can't find a stock. Having one specially made would cost as much the rifle itself I would think.
I know but I have looked everywhere. Had one local gun shop that thought they might could help me but turned out they couldn't get one either. I'm hoping maybe I can find a full gun that no longer functions or something and then I could swap out the stocks. I've checked with shops in MS. and even in other states and no one can find one.. Oh well, guess the hunt continues... :wallbash:

· Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Slngblde said:
It wouldnt be pretty but i could fix it plastic welding it. Do you have all the pieces?
I don't have the pieces. when it broke it kinda exploded, for the lack of a better word..... I'd have to find a replacement of have one made. Hummm.. maybe a convert to a pistol grip...

· Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's looking like my only option Neck. I think it will have to be,a custom job though right? Ouch!! Yall got ideas on who I might call to possibly have it done. I can check local but might do better driving a bit..

· Registered
14,255 Posts
If you can find a suitable new stock to use the rear from i can weld those 2 together combined with some epoxy. I have quite a bit of experience with plastic repair. If i wasnt using it i would offer a 10/22 factory synthetic stock i have.

· Registered
14,255 Posts
I cant search for it right now, but either sarco or numrich have been advertising lots of factory remington synthetics stocks for sale fairly cheap, the rear from one of those could be blended. It wouldnt be perfect but it would be usable.

· Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
27,914 Posts
Is the 77 built like the 66? If so a regular stock ain't gonna work because the reciever is part of the stock.

This is the stock for a 66

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.