Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope they’re pretty good because I just picked this one up to beat on while trying the Steel Challenge thing. Can’t seem to make leaving 38super brass behind palatable so I went and found a double stack 9mm to beat on. I’ll leave the 9mm brass.
Shot 5rds through it (all I had rolling around in the console of my truck) and it felt decent enough. Not a whole lot of muzzle flip,very controllable but no where near my 9mm 1911 or 38super controllability. Definitely typical Tupperware gun antics. I’ll put rounds through it this weekend and with the 20rd mags......shouldn’t take long to run a whole bunch through it lol
82E3009B-8B34-4098-98A5-6E5E42BC5285.jpeg
1E0109EB-68E6-4352-87CB-40902A19D1F0.jpeg
917C5DE7-5A4E-4B06-991E-E51B155081A0.jpeg

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,674 Posts
Nice have been wondering about those.

·
Registered
12,482 Posts
I have not shot an sfx but have shot a plain one, i liked it. Only reason i do not have one is i keep finding deals on a glock instead.

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
I've got a regular Canik TP9(SA I believe). I bought it supposedly used from High Caliber in Long Beach, but it looked new. That thing is way better than anything in that price range has any right to be. The trigger is one of the best striker fired triggers I've used. It's not quite as good as my CZ P10c, but close. It's way better than any of the stock M&P models I've owned.

·
Premium Member
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Caniks typically have one of the best factory striker fired triggers you’ll find. How they hold up long term, I don’t know, but they seem like a much more solid budget gun than most of the others out there.
As long as you haven’t broke one,I’d say that’s a great endorsement lol
It’ll definitely get a few hundred rounds fed to it Sunday so we’ll see if it is decent.
I've got a regular Canik TP9(SA I believe). I bought it supposedly used from High Caliber in Long Beach, but it looked new. That thing is way better than anything in that price range has any right to be. The trigger is one of the best striker fired triggers I've used. It's not quite as good as my CZ P10c, but close. It's way better than any of the stock M&P models I've owned.
See I wanted a M&P 5” (pro?) and this kinda just popped up. From what I’ve seen,the M&P seem like a great little pistol. I’ve been told by a couple of local boys that these were the way to go if you wanted a purpose driven gun but wasn’t sure about sticking with the intended use. Seemed really reasonable to me lol
Nice have been wondering about those.
When/if we do the red dot deal,this is where it will go. I’ll bring it with me and you can run some ammo through it.

·
Premium Member
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not shot an sfx but have shot a plain one, i liked it. Only reason i do not have one is i keep finding deals on a glock instead.
If I could have gotten a Glock for what I paid for this......I’d have a Glock too lol

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
See I wanted a M&P 5” (pro?) and this kinda just popped up. From what I’ve seen,the M&P seem like a great little pistol. I’ve been told by a couple of local boys that these were the way to go if you wanted a purpose driven gun but wasn’t sure about sticking with the intended use. Seemed really reasonable to me lol
I also have a 5" M&P 2.0. While the M&P 2.0 has a much better trigger than the first gen (had one of those as well), the Canik is still a bit better. The M&P does feel a lot more sturdy than the Canik, though, likely because it has a full length metal frame under the polymer.

·
Gun-Fu Wannabe; Just Living Life
767 Posts
Oh and a lgs had them on special today.

Reactions: rigrat

·
Premium Member
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bought a few “up grades” this morning.
C93D99A7-F685-49B4-A9F9-969294E2BAC5.png
DB2346E6-B5CA-4CF4-8CA3-FAE0AC175035.jpeg

Didn’t hurt too bad. The addition of the magwell will help a lot as it’s mouth is narrow as hell. With the mag bases there’s going to be an extra couple of rounds added to the mags.....total of 22.

Also mounted a “for now” red dot to shot with this weekend.
D1A34293-C524-46CD-8267-2CC01FE406FC.jpeg

I ran a mag of hot stuff through it already with the irons,it did really well with it. Seems to not like 115gn projectile too well on paper. Or at least that load anyhow. Probably going to feed it some 147gn in the near future lol

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,674 Posts
Man that thing looks great with the new mag well and mag extensions.

Reactions: Ellis93

·
Premium Member
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Man that thing looks great with the new mag well and mag extensions.
Yeah it does! Lol
CB008ACD-6DC4-41CB-A7FD-BE15FB2F212B.jpeg
4D87EB11-F160-4B1C-94EC-574BE0B89BCF.jpeg

I think it adds to the looks of it but I’m after functional more than anything. Plus.....if a drop a mag it’s base will be aluminum and the additional weight may get it out faster.
The magwell throat is just so narrow.
D75E1B23-65BE-4B8D-905C-0D119833CE47.jpeg

The addition of some of these items can do nothing but help out.
82B2ABD3-F99A-471D-A05F-78B92C00DB91.jpeg

Once I catch my breath from this rash purchasing I plan on buying factory mags for it and some more base extensions. Till then......I run two

1 - 20 of 50 Posts