Mississippi Gun Owners banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,730 Posts
LOL, I was thinking the top photo was the magwell until you posted this and did a retake. LOL

Still looks great.

·
Premium Member
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Got home this afternoon early (on time lol) and had a few minutes to do some blasting and took out the canik.
I like it more and more. Over two hundred rounds in a little less than an hour. Started off with a paper target to get a feel for the pistols trigger and where the red dot was hitting. Started lower left then moved over to targeting numbers. I know it’s a mess lol
8D68C86F-8D58-4760-91AC-AD57F45F6A62.jpeg

Couple of I tried to “group” pictures
F224AA1C-B5D3-4C6E-8DDB-EA5B2DFD5634.jpeg
B20E1DAF-3C09-4E94-AB74-B4944BA27712.jpeg

Also have my first keyhole bullet hole. First I’ve ever seen. I do remember the gun reporting odd sound and feel one time. This also was while I was targeting the X.
76C0FBBC-6246-460E-A271-95EBA7D3FECD.jpeg

About 21’
102BF383-733E-41B8-A65B-1B35EB32243F.jpeg

A picture of the spent brass I’ve found so far lol
It’s everywhere. 124gn out of a lee mold and powder coated. No lead fouling at 1100fps over the chronograph.
C88DFFB2-F370-4A19-9083-B26A5D8A2D54.jpeg

I was amazed how hot that slide got. So hot it was uncomfortable to grasp to charge the pistol.
CD7F16E7-9262-47E3-8BEF-C408642F6E5A.jpeg

So far,this sucker is a keeper! Really don’t know if I like the red dot though. I’m going to run it some more and see if it grows on me.

·
Premium Member
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
You need to get you and Devin both a speed loader. The good ones work well and are worth the money
I’ll look into them.
One would really help with the CMMG mags but the 9s are easy enough. I can’t stand using the mag loader that came with the Canik.

·
Registered
10,416 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Update.
Had to go back to irons as the red dot died on me. Started eating batteries like mad. It sat in the safe this last week and when I retrieved it,the sight was dead. Installed a new energizer and shot about 7 mags with the dot disappearing half way through my 7th mag. So I downed it and installed a new battery,and it came back to life. Took the old battery and installed it into another sight and it was dead. So rather than screw with it and loose precious range time I threw the rear sight base back on. I’m impressed with the front sight enough to say that the gun may just stay like that. I hit just as well with the irons as the dot. Actually faster as I’m not use to a red dot on a pistol yet.

Also bought another mag and +4 mag base this morning. 33 for mag and shipping,36 for base and shipping, one very expensive mag is what that equates to. :(

so far I’m just shy of 1400 rounds down the pipe,I couldn’t be more pleased with the pistols performance. Only hiccup has been with the slide release. The +4 base is relaxing the mag spring enough that the follower doesn’t have enough force for the catch to engage the slide. That or my right thumb is riding the release. More on that when I figure out which is the problem.

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
Update.
Had to go back to irons as the red dot died on me. Started eating batteries like mad. It sat in the safe this last week and when I retrieved it,the sight was dead. Installed a new energizer and shot about 7 mags with the dot disappearing half way through my 7th mag. So I downed it and installed a new battery,and it came back to life. Took the old battery and installed it into another sight and it was dead. So rather than screw with it and loose precious range time I threw the rear sight base back on. I’m impressed with the front sight enough to say that the gun may just stay like that. I hit just as well with the irons as the dot. Actually faster as I’m not use to a red dot on a pistol yet.

Also bought another mag and +4 mag base this morning. 33 for mag and shipping,36 for base and shipping, one very expensive mag is what that equates to. :(

so far I’m just shy of 1400 rounds down the pipe,I couldn’t be more pleased with the pistols performance. Only hiccup has been with the slide release. The +4 base is relaxing the mag spring enough that the follower doesn’t have enough force for the catch to engage the slide. That or my right thumb is riding the release. More on that when I figure out which is the problem.
Is that a legit trijicon or a knockoff?

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,730 Posts
Update.
Had to go back to irons as the red dot died on me. Started eating batteries like mad. It sat in the safe this last week and when I retrieved it,the sight was dead. Installed a new energizer and shot about 7 mags with the dot disappearing half way through my 7th mag. So I downed it and installed a new battery,and it came back to life. Took the old battery and installed it into another sight and it was dead. So rather than screw with it and loose precious range time I threw the rear sight base back on. I’m impressed with the front sight enough to say that the gun may just stay like that. I hit just as well with the irons as the dot. Actually faster as I’m not use to a red dot on a pistol yet. Looking to get down there tomorrow or the next day. Got to go see a man about a bush hog today.

I've got that Vortex boxed up for ya. It will look dang good on that pistola and won't die on you either.

·
Premium Member
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Is that a legit trijicon or a knockoff?
That was a 50$ knockoff. The real one (black adjustment screws) is on my 9mm AR. I’d be pissed if it died that quickly. I bought the real one used about a year ago. So far so good for it.

Reactions: rigrat

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
That was a 50$ knockoff. The real one (black adjustment screws) is on my 9mm AR. I’d be pissed if it died that quickly. I bought the real one used about a year ago. So far so good for it.
Gotcha, that’s a relief. I was going to ask what brightness setting and what type of it was a real one. The type 01 was never meant for pistols, so I thought that might be it.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts