Closed Cast bullet group buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Chanman75, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chanman75

Chanman75 Shooters Precision -BLACKMAXX BULLETS

Doing a group buy for cast bullets. These are a 92/6/2 mixture.
    They are made in Madison,Ms by a company some Friends own. Shooters cast bullets.

I will collect what everyone wants untill 3/16/2014. I will place the order the following Monday
    All money has to be collected by monday 3/17. I can arrange to meet locally to collect and distribute Throughout the week. I will be at magnolia rpc 3/8 for the steel match. These prices arent what most of us are use to paying compared to Brad at Southern. But they are already instock locally, plus NO SHIPPING.
    500 per box for everything listed.
    There will be small price breaks after 4,000 pieces. Eta just talked to.Jim, 10% after 4k.
    9mm- (.356)
    115gr r.n $35
    125gr r.n $36
    147gr f.p $38
    '......................
    .38 cal (.358)
    105gr f.p $35
    158gr r.n $39
    40/10 (.401)
    155gr r.n $39
    175gr swc $43
    180gr f.p $45
    '.......................
    45(.452)
    200gr swc $47
    These are made using magma molds.
    Any questions please call me @ 601 213 7612
    Cash or postal money order only.
    These will be delivered to you in the local area/ magnolia rpc.

2. dhollis51

dhollis51 Distinguished Poster

I picked up some 147/9mm and 230/45's last weekend and they are some great looking bullets. Haven't had time to test them out but will this week. Tripp and the guys are great to do business with. 

Highly recommended bullets.

3. taylormurphy

taylormurphy Distinguished Poster

Not to derail your thread but i just got done with a group buy from Xtreme for assorted plated bullets. You have to have a 25,000 minimum order to get bulk pricing, we managed to get 29,500 and paid freight to Columbus. I am going to be honest our prices including shipping cost came out just a few dollars higher than what you are paying for those cast bullets. We were paying anywhere from $5 to $10 higher per 1,000 depending on what bullet and its corresponding weight which affects the shipping cost, and that was delivered to my door.

Like i said i am by no means trying to rain on your parade or a local manufacturer for that matter, I just thought i would let you know how our experience went in case it might benefit you and the group buy as another option. If you feel this post is out of line feel free to delete it and if i can help you out with info on how i conducted our Xtreme buy feel free to ask. I have the bulk pricing list and all the contact info for who i talked to if you need it.

4. Chanman75

Yep they are good people. I made some pretty accurate rounds with thier 125gr r.n. I have known Tripp and Jim for a while.

5. Chanman75

Taylor,
    I completely understand , thats why I mentioned that thier prices arent the best compared to Brad who has really good prices on his cast. This is just a small local buy. No one has to buy anything , no feelings will be hurt. and DANG I wish I would have known about that buy, im shooting lead and plated so I still buy plated myself. I didnt even know about that buy untill it was over. I would much rather buy platex but when you order a small quan by your self it gets $$$. I just told them that I would see what I could get together to help get thier name out locally.

P.s let me know if you do another group buy. Im shooting more uspsa this year so I will be back in the loop.

6. taylormurphy

Randy from Southern Reloading had some of their bullets on his truck when i met him last weekend and i will say they looked like some real good bullets to me, and their prices are pretty darn good for a local company. IMO your not going to find them any cheaper by the time you pay shipping from someone like SNS. I didn't even know these guys were making bullets until i saw them this past weekend, I will have to give them a try once i run through my current stash of lead 9mm projectiles.

7. Chanman75

Taylor, btw where is my MSU shooting sports hat, you told me youd get me a year ago ??:)

8. Chanman75

Btw, go to vans and price these exact bullets guys... About $12 mark up.last time I looked.

9. taylormurphy

Well i feel bad because i didn't advertise the group buy on here, i was trying to keep the number of people involved to a minimum since i was collecting $$ up front, ha its hard to front a group buy on a college kids budget. I knew if i advertised on here the buy would be huge and that honestly wasn't something i wanted to tackle right now. There were only 5 of us in on this last buy and they were all local so it kept things simple. One big plus from Xtreme is the ability to buy 223 55gr. FMJ bullets at bulk pricing ($76 per 1000 before shipping) with the pistol bullets.

I may do another larger buy in the future because i am able to ship it to a business location that has a forklift which makes things a lot easier, if i do i will let you know for sure.

10. taylormurphy

I had them at the last match i was at, which i think was in November. School has been kicking my ass since i am trying to graduate and finish my thesis this semester. I will be at the April match and i will have them with me again, just hit me up i will save you one.

11. Chanman75

Yea, I cant front this at the time. I know how it is being on a college kid and married with kids budget :).

Thats why im doing this on a time constraint. Its just meant to be a small local thing.

12. taylormurphy

Your problem... I found it. :j/k: 

13. Chanman75

hahahaha. Very true!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.