close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CCI shotshells or make your own?

Discussion in 'Reloading/Ammunition' started by Brother_Love, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Brother_Love

Brother_Love Distinguished Poster

I can't find the CCI shotshells anywhere. Anyone ever make their own without the plastic capsule? I need some snake control for my Model 19.
    Thanks

2. BasMstr

BasMstr Distinguished Poster

There's another thread on here somewhere where people were posting their own shotshell "recipes". I'll see if I can find it.

3. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

I've seen shot shells made with card stock placed between the powder and shot and another over the shot with a heavy crimp. Be sure to slightly over fill the shot to compress it with the crimp.

4. canebreaker

canebreaker Distinguished Poster

Like Sand-man said not as heavy a crimp and I drip a little candle wax on top.

5. Quickeye

Quickeye Vietnam & Persian Gulf Wars MSGO Supporter

Modified Glazer "safety" slugs. $high though.

6. Brother_Love

Brother_Love Distinguished Poster

Thanks, I will try them all until I get one that works.

7. patchz

patchz Court Jester

I used the plastic capsules to load my own. But that was a long time ago and I don't remember the data.

8. 22lrfan

22lrfan Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I've loaded lots of the Speer plastic capsules in .38 and .44. The load data was printed on the box. I've still got some of both.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  9. Blondie70

Blondie70 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Yep...those Speer shot capsules are the trick ! Expensive, but you don't shoot a lot of 'em. I just weigh some shot until I get about 160 grains and put it in the capsule and load 'em up....put a little powder behind it and it's ready...(this for 38 special...about 3 or 4 grains Unique will do the job).

10. patchz

patchz Court Jester

I loaded some #6 shot in 44s that I liked.