Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CCW enhanced expiration is in two weeks. I heard they were extending the expiration date until August (I think) my issue is I’m going on a major vacation road trip at the end of this month and one state requires an enhanced license for reciprocity. I see that now they will allow mailing renewal applications . I know that that the DMV is to reopen Monday.Anyone with any knowledge if the firearms division will be open so I can get this permit renewed? I don’t trust mailing because I’m sure they are backlogged. Any suggestions??

·
Deplorables Battalion Commander
26,970 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I already have the basic concealed license, and just completed the enhanced class. I wonder if they are attaching the IC sticker? Anyone have any info?

·
26,970 Posts
I already have the basic concealed license, and just completed the enhanced class. I wonder if they are attaching the IC sticker? Anyone have any info?
Another related thread on the forum has this post (#21) from MSGO member Chad Winkler -- Trust, But Verify (suggest you call before you make a trip!):

RE: DPS MHP Troop Stations

"At this time we are only processing security guards permits. We will make duplicate firearm permits for lost or stolen permits, name changes and adding the enhanced endorsement on current non expired permits.

Until a decision is made on resuming regular processing there will be no new permits issued and all permits expiring during the time period starting March 14 have an extension on expiration until the first of the year."

Permit renewal during Covid

(emphasis, mine)

Good luck.

Reactions: 4x4moses

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Another related thread on the forum has this post (#21) from MSGO member Chad Winkler -- Trust, But Verify (suggest you call before you make a trip!):

RE: DPS MHP Troop Stations

"At this time we are only processing security guards permits. We will make duplicate firearm permits for lost or stolen permits, name changes and adding the enhanced endorsement on current non expired permits.

Until a decision is made on resuming regular processing there will be no new permits issued and all permits expiring during the time period starting March 14 have an extension on expiration until the first of the year."

Permit renewal during Covid

(emphasis, mine)

Good luck.
I have a hunch they will be processing permits again soon.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm stuck in the quagmire, too. I completed an enhanced class and was waiting for vacation time early this Spring to get my permit (expired several years ago). First, vacations were cancelled, then DPS was closed, now I have a week at the end of July/first of August I could go but now this. Not sure I could get in through the line anyway. Hopefully this will clear up next year at some point. I can retake the class if need be. It would be worth it just to get some range time.

·
26,970 Posts
If only the taxpayer-funded state government offices were essential business operations like Walmart or Kroger ...

If only the taxpayer-funded state government officials responded courteously and honestly when they're contacted.

If only pigs could fly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Went to DPS this past Tuesday and was told it would be January before they would accept carry permit applications or renewals. That's making my travel plans a challenge. If I need to use my gun for protection then I'm in violation in that state....

·
Registered
23 Posts
My CCW enhanced expiration is in two weeks. I heard they were extending the expiration date until August (I think) my issue is I’m going on a major vacation road trip at the end of this month and one state requires an enhanced license for reciprocity. I see that now they will allow mailing renewal applications . I know that that the DMV is to reopen Monday.Anyone with any knowledge if the firearms division will be open so I can get this permit renewed? I don’t trust mailing because I’m sure they are backlogged. Any suggestions??
[/QUOTE
They (tax collector office) said the same thing about car tags! Don’t worry about renewing just wait a bit. I did and my son got a ticket for expired tag. Went up there and they wanted 1 month in late fees.

Be careful with what they tell you

·
26,970 Posts

Try the wait-in-line Wednesday process for your firearm permit renewal on 6/24, if it's not too late already. MHP troop stations though.

Or ...

You could roll the dice, and print and carry a copy of the Mississippi governor's executive order on it (#1474, link below).

Personally, I think it's probably a waste of two pages of your paper once you depart Mississippi. If I was non-Mississippi LEO I probably wouldn't accept it. JMO.

I. DON'T. KNOW. WHY. STATE. AGENCIES/OFFICIALS. WON'T. DO. THEIR. JOBS! (rant over)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Try the wait-in-line Wednesday process for your firearm permit renewal on 6/24, if it's not too late already. MHP troop stations though.

Or ...

You could roll the dice, and print and carry a copy of the Mississippi governor's executive order on it (#1474, link below).

Personally, I think it's probably a waste of two pages of your paper once you depart Mississippi. If I was non-Mississippi LEO I probably wouldn't accept it. JMO.

I. DON'T. KNOW. WHY. STATE. AGENCIES/OFFICIALS. WON'T. DO. THEIR. JOBS! (rant over)
Several years ago my nephew worked for DHS. One Saturday we planned a deer hunt. He showed up about 10 o'clock. I asked him where he had been. His answer was " I work for the state and I have a reputation to uphold." As of yet I have never met a state employee who didn't share that same attitude. It has become a part of their culture all the way to the top.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts