Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So definitely not as good at this as @TwangBanger and @22lrfan but I thought I'd throw out some pawn shops finds that I've seen recently. Some of these I checked out because they were cheap.. others just because they were a little unusual.

I posted this in the Good Deals section the other day and they're not a pawn shop but Southern Connection in Ridgeland had a bunch of G22s for a little over $300 and this nice 656 for $450. The 686 is probably gone by now, but here's what it looked like when it was there.

2.jpg

I also moseyed on down to the Momentum Pawn on Terry Rd. Nothing really special but a couple of things jumped out to me. First, they had this .40 CZ that I had never seen before. I don't think CZ still makes these. Then, I know someone who likes Kimbers so I snapped a picture of the one they had that seemed like a good price.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Sorry no pics for the next one and also not in MS, but right across the river from Natchez at the Concordia Pawn & Gun is a CETME for $500. It looked like it had never been fired.

Also, across the river is Old River Guns. They had a few interesting things including a $300 Norinco SKS and this thing here, a Vulcan V15, for $450. I didn't know what it was so I snapped a pic so I could look it up (sorry, no overall pic). Apparently, it was Vulcans version of a AR15/AR18 and is one of the worst guns every made. Fun!

1.jpg

So that's it. Told you it wasn't going to be very good, but it's a start!

·
Super Moderator
7,415 Posts
Nice thread.

I was born and raised in Natchez, and shopped quite a bit at the pawn shops there, and across the river in Vidalia and Ferriday, Louisiana.

Mentioning Concordia Pawn and Gun . . . . The same guy who owns that, also owns the Natchez Pawn Shop, and Barracks Military Surplus (right next door to the bowling alley) in Natchez. As such, any handgun you see at Concordia Pawn & Gun (Louisiana), can be transferred via FFL to one of his Mississippi stores, so that Mississippi residents can purchase it.

·
Morte
4,254 Posts
Nice thread.

I was born and raised in Natchez, and shopped quite a bit at the pawn shops there, and across the river in Vidalia and Ferriday, Louisiana.

Mentioning Concordia Pawn and Gun . . . . The same guy who owns that, also owns the Natchez Pawn Shop, and Barracks Military Surplus (right next door to the bowling alley) in Natchez. As such, any handgun you see at Concordia Pawn & Gun (Louisiana), can be transferred via FFL to one of his Mississippi stores, so that Mississippi residents can purchase it.
Finley Hootsell (sp?) is who I used to deal with at Concordia Gun. I was in there so much in the 90s, he’d put guns back he thought I would like until I came in from offshore.
Wasin there about 6 months ago, but he had very little on the shelf

·
Super Moderator
7,415 Posts
Finley Hootsell (sp?) is who I used to deal with at Concordia Gun. I was in there so much in the 90s, he’d put guns back he thought I would like until I came in from offshore.
Yes, sir. It's Finley. He also used to own "Pair o' Dice Pawn" in Vicksburg, but he either sold or closed it down. It's probably been over a year since I've been in either of his stores, but he used to have a pretty good selection. If you remember Gerald Cornwell (his gunsmith at the Natchez store), his son, Gerald Jr. is managing the Concordia Pawn location now for Finley. Little Gerald and I went to high school together and are friends on Facebook. He's often posting the various deals available at the store.

I've purchased from both of Fin's locations (Mississippi & Louisiana), plus I've used his (Gerald's) gunsmith service on several occasions. He also used to do my FFL transfers when I lived in Natchez. They're a good bunch of folks.

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
The Natchez store usually has more guns in stock. If he's had something in stock for a while he will deal on it.

·
Premium Member
13,200 Posts
I went by Southern Connection yesterday. The still have some police trade in Gen 2 and 3 Glock 22's marked $319. They've reduced them to $289 but haven't changed the tags. I saw a couple of G31's (.357 Sig) for $339 and one G27 For $329.

They also have a couple of well used 20" cylinder bore Mossberg 500's with full length mag tubes for $179. They would probably hold over a dozen of the mini shells.

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
I went by Southern Connection yesterday. The still have some police trade in Gen 2 and 3 Glock 22's marked $319. They've reduced them to $289 but haven't changed the tags. I saw a couple of G31's (.357 Sig) for $339 and one G27 For $329.

They also have a couple of well used 20" cylinder bore Mossberg 500's with full length mag tubes for $179. They would probably hold over a dozen of the mini shells.
I'm going to have to go check that out. Could always use another sg for the corner or the truck. I'd like to get my hands on one of those G2 glocks too.

·
Premium Member
13,200 Posts
These three were at Mooney Creek Pawn in Collins a couple weeks ago. I've bought several there and they always been very negotiable.
S&W 642 Airweight - $349.95
IMG_20180621_121138835.jpg

S&W 39 - $349.95
IMG_20180621_121224490.jpg

Rossi 851 - $259.99. It's missing the red insert in the front sight.
IMG_20180621_131029092.jpg

·
Super Moderator
7,415 Posts
Rossi 851 - $259.99. It's missing the red insert in the front sight.
That Rossi Model 851 is an excellent revolver. I bought one brand-spanking-new from Walmart in Hattiesburg -- back when Walmart sold handguns (well over 20+ years ago). I still have it, and still shoot it often.

·
Premium Member
13,200 Posts
Ran by Southern Connection at lunch. They still have some of the Gen 2 & 3 G22's for $289. They got in 15-20 Gen 3 G23's. They're marked $319.

·
Premium Member
13,200 Posts
I was hesitant to post this one since I like it but it's a nickel S&W model 38-2. BFN serial number prefix places it as 1990 production. It's at Momentum Pawn on N State St.
IMG_20180709_122003471~2.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,200 Posts
Saw this one at Top Dollar today. 2000 model 10/22 with the "boat paddle" stock. I would have brought it home but I already have one just like it. Cheap Bushnell scope on it. Marked $199.
IMG_20180806_122212211~2.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,200 Posts
Spotted this one at Capital Pawn in Pearl. My experience with them is that when one is marked down like this they won't drop another penny.

IMG_20180820_115252120.jpg

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,313 Posts
I was hesitant to post this one since I like it but it's a nickel S&W model 38-2. BFN serial number prefix places it as 1990 production. It's at Momentum Pawn on N State St.
View attachment 87581
Nickle or SS as the price tag says? I'm not good enough to tell the difference from a picture.

·
Premium Member
13,200 Posts
Nickle or SS as the price tag says? I'm not good enough to tell the difference from a picture.
It was nickel but it's gone now. Nope I didn't buy it. :(

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,313 Posts
It was nickel but it's gone now. Nope I didn't buy it. :(
Awe man that thing was nice and a really good price too. I wish I had some pawn shops close to me like the ones you frequent.

1 - 20 of 230 Posts