close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cheap decent .380 ammo for range time?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by hoopstar789, Nov 14, 2017 at 1:21 PM.

Tags:
  1. What do you guys who own .380s usually run whenever your just trying to get trigger time at the range, I usually run Winchester. 380 through a Glock 42 but do you guys use anything cheaper in the .380 realm that runs good?

2. DoyleAlley

DoyleAlley Distinguished Poster

Perfecta. Walmart usually carries it. It's good stuff - made by Fiocchi.

fordpkup likes this.

3. Southern Reloading

Southern Reloading Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Walmart also carries Winchester in Gulfport.

rigrat likes this.
  4. What do you guys think about tulammo seen a lot of negative about their. 380 but I put a box through that 42 and it ran fine no problems

rigrat likes this.
  5. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

I run the cheapest I can find for mine.

6. Caleb C

Caleb C Distinguished Poster

Lake, MS
    I like Tula and Wolf. It shoots fine in my RM380 and I don't feel compelled to pick up the empty cases.

rigrat likes this.
  7. LeansVeryRight2016

LeansVeryRight2016 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Aguila, Magtech or Monarch ... no steel case though. Never tried Tula or Wolf.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 5:32 PM
  8. maxhush

maxhush Distinguished Poster

NW MS
    Geco, from Sportsmans Guide usually. Sometimes Magtech.

Remember Tula, Wolf, and other Russian manufactured has a steel case and steel jacket, if that matters to you. I don't find the price difference for buying steel to usually be worth it over just buying the inexpensive brass cased/jacketed, like Geco, Fiocchi, Blazer Brass, etc. with reloadable cases.

BTW, I noticed the other day at the range that the Russian Silver Bear 45ACP case has three ignition/flash holes for the primer instead of the more common two holes in most Berdan primed cases.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 7:08 AM
  9. DoyleAlley

DoyleAlley Distinguished Poster

Pick them up? Heck, I can't even find mine. Between them being so small and the fact that my little LCP launches them somewhere into the next county I couldn't reload them even if I tried.

10. My Glock eject shells fairly close, it's usually within a close radius

11. burninfilm

burninfilm Distinguished Poster

Perfecta is very good, but my WalMart quit carrying it.

12. maxhush

maxhush Distinguished Poster

NW MS
    I forgot that I also have and have shot a few hundred rounds of Ruag 380 ammo too (As I recall that's Swiss, German, or Hungarian manufactured). One of the cats reminded me of it by knocking a box of it on the floor and me having to pick it up last night.

BasMstr and Cliff731 like this.