Mississippi Gun Owners banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have a CZ Canvasback 20ga. Model with black receiver & prince Wales stock. Im a slender fellow & its like I went to Italy & had the gun custom made for me. Honestly if it was kidnapped I'd pay $1500 to get it back. I paid 800 for it several years back knowing that price was high but did so because of the beautiful grain in the wood. Love that firearm!

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
I have zero experience with Turkish autoloaders or pumps, and could be generously described as a barely adequate shotgunner, so take this for what it is worth. My wife gave me a Turkish-made Yaldiz over-under 12ga. for Christmas a few years ago and I love that gun...I shoot it much better than any other scattergun I own and it is beautiful with it's well-figured walnut stock and silver engraved receiver (the current ones don't have nearly as much engraving). I have not had a single problem with it after a few hundred rounds and it would be my go-to hunting shotgun these days. It has 28" barrels and a full range of choke tubes. Fit and finish is excellent.

·
Registered
12,599 Posts
I have a CZ Canvasback 20ga. Model with black receiver & prince Wales stock. Im a slender fellow & its like I went to Italy & had the gun custom made for me. Honestly if it was kidnapped I'd pay $1500 to get it back. I paid 800 for it several years back knowing that price was high but did so because of the beautiful grain in the wood. Love that firearm!
Those are Turkish made guns

·
Registered
250 Posts
Vick! My CZ is a Huglu. Never heard of a Yaldiz. Can u share a pic. Im rushing out the door so can't send pics of my canvas back & ring neck right now but will dig them out this eve

·
Registered
250 Posts
correct Rw they are Turkish. Never really shot the ringneck. Bought it cause its the sxs that matches the o/u canvasback. They're very pretty guns. At least the ones I lucked up on

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
Vick! My CZ is a Huglu. Never heard of a Yaldiz. Can u share a pic. Im rushing out the door so can't send pics of my canvas back & ring neck right now but will dig them out this eve
Don't have a photo right now, but I'll see if I can take one today.

·
Chief cook and bottle washer
1,996 Posts
There was a buddy of mine back in high school that picked up a Revelation 12ga pump that somebody had taken a hacksaw to and sawed off to somewhere around 24". It didn't have a bead on it, and I don't even know if it was marked for choke size, but if you put a Winchester XX 000 3" through that thing - the old ones with 9 pellets instead of 8 - 7 would be in that shoe box at 50 yards with the other 2 within 6 inches! We tried it multiple times. Never seen anything like that in the "ultra-modern" era!
Had a Remington 1100 30” full choke that I deer hunted with for years , we had walkers so the deer were in high gear most of the time #1 buck 2-3/4 has 20 pellets, never knew where 18 of them would go but you could bet the bank on the other 2 going straight as a rifle, killed a truck load of deer with 2 pellets.
Most folks would say that’s a terrible pattern but it worked for me until till my dad gave me a old beat up 742 30/06 and the shotgun became secondary after that. Wish I could go back in time to those days.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Wow Vick! Nice looking. Good character in wood. Does it have a selector switch on the safety to choose which barrel it shoots first? Can't dig mine out till my wife gets through with her nap. Sleeping so she'll keep me up all night!

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
Wow Vick! Nice looking. Good character in wood. Does it have a selector switch on the safety to choose which barrel it shoots first? Can't dig mine out till my wife gets through with her nap. Sleeping so she'll keep me up all night!
Does have a selector switch...safety switch moves right and left. No ejectors, but extractors move the empty shells out plenty far enough to get hold of them.

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
Couple of nice twice-barrels, Blade! I especially like the casehardened receiver on the SxS.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts