Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
I believe that keeping guns away from kids is a mistake. Mine learned how to handle them at a young age. They learned gun safety and their power. They also learned if they ever touched them without my supervision, fun time was over for e very long time and a whippin was coming. I think that's the biggest problem with kids hurting themselves and others with firearms. They haven't a clue how to handle them or a guns ability to kill. Parenting is hard, you have to teach children. A lot of folks I know let the TV and video games raise their kids and they don't realize a guns destructive power and that death is final. IMHO. Funny meme, lol.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
40,918 Posts
I believe that keeping guns away from kids is a mistake. Mine learned how to handle them at a young age. They learned gun safety and their power. They also learned if they ever touched them without my supervision, fun time was over for e very long time and a whippin was coming. I think that's the biggest problem with kids hurting themselves and others with firearms. They haven't a clue how to handle them or a guns ability to kill. Parenting is hard, you have to teach children. A lot of folks I know let the TV and video games raise their kids and they don't realize a guns destructive power and that death is final. IMHO. Funny meme, lol.
Spot on!

Reactions: NWMissHunter71

·
Deplorable Curmudgeon
17,759 Posts
Their is a huge difference between teaching your YOUNG child gun safety and not
Lets say you are a gun hating liberal and you refuse to teach your child anything about guns except they are the devils spawn.
That kid is going to visit other kids in their homes and be around people who do own guns.
Lets say your Beautiful 8 year old girl goes over to her BFFs house after school to play dollies. The friend has a brother who in my opinion is a complete Idiot and leaves his 9mmon on the coffee table
The kids sees it and is as curious as a cat. She picks it up and. NEWS AT 5 Local 8 year old shot while playing with a gun.

OR The kid sees the gun, Has been trained by her responsible father, Tells her BFF to stay away and alerts an adult
Hugs and kisses at 5 while watching the news

It does not matter what your political views are, It does not matter if you like or dislike guns you OWE your Children the knowledge of gun safety So they will be safe when not under your Immediate care
Same as teaching them not to stick a fork in the electrical socket and to look both ways before crossing the street.. Or do not talk to strangers.

·
MSGO Court Jester
47,188 Posts
My kids were taught gun safety and shooting at an early age. Both are collectors and shooters now, yep, even my daughter.

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
7,345 Posts
My Mom has a picture somewhere of me and two of my cousins when I was 3 or 4 and we were sitting on the front steps of my Grandmas house. We all were dressed in cowboy hats and single action cap revolvers. I had a red hat. I suppose that we had just got back from bringing in a whole nest of Comancheros . Yep the 3 of us brought in 7 to Dodge City, Kansas for trial and the murder of one bank president, a Mr. Hobkins. There were 11 outlaws, we buried 4 after running them down. Yep those were the days back in 1957 and 58. That's my story and I,m sticking to it.

Reactions: Viking
1 - 15 of 15 Posts