close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chronograph

Discussion in 'Reloading/Ammunition' started by Ellis93, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Ellis93

Ellis93 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

2. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

Sum Gy Custom Firearms Distinguished Poster

Pact CED there are a lot of good ones Just make sure you get one that the electronics are remote to the sky screens!!!!!

Soonered likes this.

3. cs700

cs700 Distinguished Poster

Got this one & it works great for me. Check Amazon. It's a little cheaper there.

4. Leadburner

Leadburner Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

What ever you do don't buy a Pact! Catch me on the right day when it's being a pain in my a$$ & I might give you one. More than likely I will have my satisfaction one day in the future & it won't be a accidental gun shot when it dies.:mad:

fordpkup, BasMstr, Ellis93 and 2 others like this.
  5. Ellis93

image.png Amazon looks to have a better deal......more money,but more stuff too.

6. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

Sum Gy Custom Firearms Distinguished Poster

My pact has served me well for nearly 30 years. I can't kick it in anyway. Mr. Lead I would love to give yours good home iffin you can't get along with it!!
    :lol6::lol6:

7. Ellis93

That was my problem with the chrony brand I have now. Pics up sometimes.....more often not at all. I've wanted to shoot it more than I've wanted to shoot anything in my life....and haven't. Probably the hope of finding out why it's screwy is what keeps me from following thru.

8. Leadburner

Leadburner Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Mine is a piece of ---- on a good day!

9. Ellis93

Fixed my old one! Works like a champ now!
    There was a broken wire one the rear photo eye thinger,little solder and black tape.....good as new.

10. idriller

idriller Distinguished Poster

I recently purchased one from Midway for 99.99. When I got it in it would only register half of what anticipated velocity should be. I called caldwell and they sent me a new one pronto. Im really pleased with it and there customer service.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  11. Doc

Doc Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I only have experience with one brand, Oehler. I have had the Model 33 and Model 35 for many years. Oehler Scientific are a standard bearer in the industry. I have no experience with other brands.

12. Ellis93

Since I now have it fixed,It needed some shades. I priced them......and said screw that,I'll make something work. So I scrounged around eBay and found some universal replacement shades and rods for less than 20$ shipped. I knew the round rods wouldn't work for my unit and knew I'd have to modify the rods. About 5min of thought and a trip to TSC remedied that. Bought a little 1 1/4" flat bar,cut and welded to the rod......25.62$ shades trumps 50something$ any day.
    image.png
    image.png
    image.png
    image.png

phillipd, Shrek, SubGunFan and 2 others like this.
  13. Dan Ref

Dan Ref Member

MagnetoSpeed, love mine.....

14. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    Like the tripod Ellis.