close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CItibank

Discussion in 'Press Talk' started by TheBouncer1111, Mar 22, 2018.

1. TheBouncer1111

TheBouncer1111 Distinguished Poster

and with the ease the credit card company's track all your purchases these days, I wouldn;t be surprised if they start making a "informal list" of gun purchasers (achem) owners....which could then be "stolen" in a data breach.
    Go all cash when you can....and if you can't...cash advance and pay it back quick

Restrict gun sales, Citigroup tells its business partners

cruiser and Blondie70 like this.
  2. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Screw them. Continue on and see where the ball bounces to.

3. TwangBanger

TwangBanger Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I hope they go bankrupt.

4. ER-HI-GU

ER-HI-GU Distinguished Poster

Oh Citibank! Looking at the title I was expecting a new type of adult banking...

5. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Distinguished Poster

I don't understand what the new policy means. It says that it will apply to "new clients".

So can old clients (retailers) continue as before?

Here is the quote (emphasis is mine):

Mesquite and cruiser like this.
  6. Quickeye

Quickeye Member MSGO Supporter

Obama and AG Holder tried this type of thing before. I think it was called Operation Choke Point, where banks wouldn't finance any high risk businesses such as guns and ammo start ups or expansion for existing companies. FDIC didn't like it and said so.
    POTUS Trump officially ended Operation Choke Point shortly after taking office.

7. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

It also effects current business partners. That means that Citi is pushing other financial institutions to implement the same requirements or more stringent ones, on those partners clients. It's similar to a major company (like Boeing) requiring flowdown thru the supply chain of the company of engineering and quality standards.

Citi is a pretty big dog, and their "partners" will either obey the big dog or get kicked out of the club house.

Here's a little bit about what this means.

Global Consumer Banking - Among the Largest Global Retail Banks

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  8. pkett44

pkett44 Distinguished Poster

Destroy all your credit cards before they destroy you

9. SLBcmtr

SLBcmtr Got to get to the cabin

Hell, I may make all of my gun related purchases on my Citibank card now.
    I use Paypal when I can and they don't know that it's gun related.

TigerTactical, para40, bar306 and 5 others like this.
  10. GunnyGene

Citi is partnered with Paypal, in case you didn't know. There is no escape.

11. SLBcmtr

SLBcmtr Got to get to the cabin

Good, I can feel twice as good about using them for gun related purchases!

12. GunnyGene

Only if they (paypal, retail gun shops, etc.) continue to honor your Citi card. Which they likely won't unless they kneel before the Citi God.

Mesquite likes this.
  13. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Just what I was thinking, LOL.

14. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Doesn't matter if they do. PayPal already don't allow gun type purchases. But with their transfer gift money they loose.

TigerTactical, 94LEVERFAN and SLBcmtr like this.
  15. Actions have consequences. I hope.

www.guns.com/2018/04/16/lawmakers-want-gsa-to-rebid-700-billion-contract-with-citibank-over-gun-policy/

A group of Republicans is calling on the General Services Administration to take another look at a government charge card contract following Citibank’s new gun policies.

The 15 lawmakers, led by U.S. Rep. Todd Rokita, R-Ind., penned a letter to the GSA last week scrutinizing Citibank’s involvement in the looming SmartPay3 program, citing the lender’s recent decision to cut ties with partnering businesses unwilling to adopt new policies for selling firearms.

“This flagrant disregard for American citizens and their God-given Second Amendment rights cannot be tolerated,” said Rokita in a statement. “Those who seek to undermine those God-given rights do not deserve taxpayer dollars and should be denied federal contracts.”

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  16. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Distinguished Poster

I don't use credit / credit cards for gun purchases. When I buy online I do use my debit card but it is linked to a credit Union account not a bank.

I do use Paypal for eBay purchases but those are pretty much limited to reloading dies and on rare occasion parts.

I'm sure I'm not impossible to track but I do what I can.

17. bar306

bar306 Distinguished Poster

It's almost impossible NOT to be tracked and it gonna get worse. If not by financial transactions, it's by cell phone...cameras....or other ways we don't even know or think about.

18. Leonidas

Leonidas The Beast MSGO Supporter

It's a Brave New World.

19. Leonidas

Leonidas The Beast MSGO Supporter

Heck, THEY really don't care if we know. Next step is easy and cheap. RFID implants.

The first (coerced) step is current Federal regs on RealID.

TigerTactical, bar306, rigrat and 2 others like this.