close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

City bans guns from city park

Discussion in 'Press Talk' started by sand_man, May 5, 2016.

1. 94LEVERFAN

94LEVERFAN Distinguished Poster

If there is a fender bender at the park, are they gonna ban cars and trucks?

deadhead, maxhush, 22lrfan and 3 others like this.

2. Leonidas

Leonidas Resident Mushroom (know what they say) MSGO Supporter

God forbid a kid gets beaned.

Ban Little League! Do it for the chirruns.

94LEVERFAN, maxhush, 22lrfan and 2 others like this.
  3. bubbat

bubbat Gate Keeper to my corner of Hell

Clinton
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
  4. Cliff731

Cliff731 Danged ole' Hermit...

From that article in "The Daily Corinthian"...

"Daniel S. Wigginton, 30, of 49 County Road 2360 in Tishomingo County, was charged Tuesday with one misdemeanor count of carrying a concealed weapon without a permit. Bond was set at $1,000."

-text emphasis is mine.
    Okay... I got to ask... according to the scuttlebutt we hear and a recent law signed by the governor... carrying concealed no longer requires a permit. Or was the city park a "no carry - restricted" place irregardless??? Covered under the "enhanced permit"???

5. bubbat

Clinton
    loose in pocket (which it's sounds like he was doing) is not mentioned at all in new law as a permissible way to carry without a permit.

Cliff731 likes this.
  6. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

some make things hard for others! NO, that's not what I meant!

7. bubbat

Clinton
    In 2010 when they removed the prohibition of guns in parks, athletic events not involving firearms in parks was still an exception to the new law, he was already violated state law by having a gun at a baseball game in a park.

Cliff731 likes this.
  8. gunsinger

gunsinger Distinguished Poster

Petal, MS
    From the way I read it, the city has not actually done anything. The board has asked what their options are and the city attorney is looking at how the new laws impact. I was unaware that the recent law signed by the governor mandated concealed carry in a specific manner; but, to be honest, I've not read that law.

9. Cliff731

Good point, Bubbat... and personally, I think the guy was just plain ole' stupid for carrying a pistol loose in his pocket - while coaching a ball team of youngsters. But... then again, that Daily Corinthian news article didn't exactly specify whether or not a pocket carry holster was or wasn't used... [​IMG]

10. Cliff731

That right there means the fat lady sang... ;)

11. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

If they have time to post on Facebook and is in our interest why not take a few more seconds and post it here?

12. Cliff731

We all know that "little league" coaching is a highly dangerous endeavor... ya might be assaulted at any moment by some irate mom or upset dad of one of the little tykes you're directing on that ball field...

Or worse... gasp!... perhaps maybe even shot at!!! [​IMG]

13. bubbat

Clinton
    Probably because the majority of MS Carry Members have facebook pages and don't come here anymore or never have.

14. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

It really doesn't matter anymore. They don't do a lot here at all.

15. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Come on Cliff, I guess going to Walmart is more dangerous, or riding to the curb store? What about more shootings have been at schools, granted this was at the park but a school activity.
    With that reasoning I guess none of us need to own or carry a firearm since we can know ahead of time where we should be assaulted or not. And just avoid the places we might be assaulted right?

I sure hope it was pure sarcasm.

BasMstr and Cliff731 like this.
  16. bubbat

Clinton
    No I think he was pretty serous. Why would a little league coach need to carry a gun to coach a game?

You must not have read the article, first line of article "The accidental discharge of a firearm by a little league coach at Booneville’s city park"
    wasn't a school activity.

Don't know if a city park is or isn't less dangerous than going to Walmart or to the curb store but I don't carry a gun to anyone one of them. Don't feel the need.

Cliff731 likes this.
  17. Cliff731

My sincerest apology, Rigrat and Bubbat... and I mean that guys...

I stupidly forgot to flick the ":warning:" light on before I typed all that and hit the "Post Reply" button... :(

Should have known better, huh?... [​IMG]

Perhaps I oughta add ya can't take me serious all the time... [​IMG]

patchz, 94LEVERFAN, BasMstr and 4 others like this.
  18. bubbat

Clinton
    No need to aplogize, but I got to ask you too why would a little league coach need to carry a gun coaching, bunch 9-13yr old kids that bad these days? No sarcasm intended at all.:)

Cliff731 likes this.
  19. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I am not answering for Cliff, but have you seen some 13 year olds? Now I admit, if they are playing baseball they are usually a fine group of kids.