Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with them,clamp on style compensator/brake?
Any particular brands recommended?

Anyone know what I’m talking about? Lol

·
Premium Member
12,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For a reference these are the two I’m most interested in. I like the first one the most because of it’s size but the second is the newest iteration.
Also this won’t be for taming the mini cannon rounds I produce but rather some lighter slug loads (Lee 7/8oz drive key) and mostly shot shells with either bulk target load and some light buckshot.
1st comp
96EBFDF4-47D6-4C72-AF67-BC734DD94303.png
47B1CF16-048B-4B9E-8A54-1A8CA7D546A5.png
289C0BA5-5B47-4C3A-999A-84BDFF1A1A16.png

2nd
92353E3B-5BC9-4572-A2F0-34F6C6CF574C.png
the second brake/comp (whatever) is the most compact. Both would require the extended choke tool to remove a screw in choke tube. Hopefully once installed an improved cylinder choke there will be no need to remove it.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,106 Posts
Top one although the second one while dainty has a certain appeal to it also.

·
Premium Member
12,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like them blue rounds in the 12.Y'all got to tuffin up
Not really a feels thing but rather a preventative measure for the gun also a way to keep it closer to the target for a follow up shot. I have plans.

·
Registered
880 Posts
My question would be which one makes it easier to change out chokes. Unless that’s not a concern. If it’s not a concern I would trust the clamp on barrel vs the extended choke. As much as my extended chokes loosen from doves I would feel more comfortable with it on a barrel. Both would definitely give it a good look I think and I’m sure a noticeable difference. But I also favor the looks of the second one and how much smaller it is.

·
Super Moderator
13,020 Posts
Ellis what are they made of? Idk about the clamp on part for stability. If they made of steel I have a welder. If they are aluminum I know you have some JB Weld. I bet Tracy has some spray paint

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,106 Posts
Ellis what are they made of? Idk about the clamp on part for stability. If they made of steel I have a welder. If they are aluminum I know you have some JB Weld. I bet Tracy has some spray paint
Jumpin jelly bean you know I do!

·
Premium Member
12,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like RigRat but I’m almost certain I have zero need for his rattle can talents! Lol

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,106 Posts
I like RigRat but I’m almost certain I have zero need for his rattle can talents! Lol
Oh , darn ( can I say that?) (is that legal) that hurts.

Speaking of which I think I am going to buy some brake cleaner/carb cleaner and clean up the lever action.

·
Premium Member
12,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh , darn ( can I say that?) (is that legal) that hurts.

Speaking of which I think I am going to buy some brake cleaner/carb cleaner and clean up the lever action.
If it takes the paint off that gun.....I’ll give you a case of cleaner! Lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts