Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Classic Firearms is back with another giveaway. This time it’s a Russian Saiga Rifle. Click the link below for your chance to enter.

Enter To Banned Russian

Reactions: SLBcmtr

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wish they would lift the ban on imports from Russia and start selling them again.
Ditto. I missed out on 'cheap' Russian AK's from way back.

Reactions: Mesquite

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
I saw that they are auctioning off another SAIGA that's going for about $1700. Is that really what they're going for these days? I could've sworn someone on here had one for sale for $800 and that seemed to be what they're going for on GunBroker.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
I saw that they are auctioning off another SAIGA that's going for about $1700. Is that really what they're going for these days? I could've sworn someone on here had one for sale for $800 and that seemed to be what they're going for on GunBroker.
It depends upon which Saiga. Models like the SGL-21 (7.62x39) or SGL-31 (5.45x39) go for more. The ones based upon the later neutered sporter version (imported with the trigger in the wrong place, a sporter buttstock, and a weird front handguard, as I recall) went for less when they were available (and almost certainly still sell for less). I believe the one in question is one of the ones imported in the sporter config, then converted back to more nearly a standard AK configuration. Before they started offering the converted back ones, folks were buying them unconverted for $300-400 and converting them themselves. It was the cheapest way to get a "Russian" AK for quite a while. (One of the big draws was that it got you the Russian cold hammer forged chrome lined barrel).

At one point several years ago, K-Var was blowing out various configurations of SGL-21 for around $500 each. It was a Fall special before Christmas of that year and lasted briefly. K-Var used to have some very interesting deals perdiocally that were almost unadvertised, they got away from that at some point for the most part. The most recent good deal they had, around Christmas, was an Arsenal .223 pistol configuration for around $750 if I recall. After that they went to $799 and may still be there, I haven't checked lately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts