Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,150 Posts
Yea, you can definitely tell they don't want the pistols...that we as requesters of our legislators to work on getting the guns released and said legislators as passers of the bill authorizing the transfer have 'forced' this on them and that they are going to make it as difficult as they can within the reason of what they can get away with without drawing to much legislative attention.

Also, I understand their logic behind not accepting the C&R FFL03 license but it just sticks in my craw. ...and the whole double NICS check thing is just stupid CYA politics by them. They are being overly sensitive to the anti-gunners that would love to find a reason to shut them down.

In full disclosure though, I'll probably put in for one

·
Super Moderator
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In full disclosure though, I'll probably put in for one
While I can understand some people's love for historical significance, originality, etc. . .

I cannot fathom a universe in which I would pay a GRAND for a beat-up, wore-out pistol.
I don't care if John Moses Browning himself assembled it.

Especially when 1911's are so readily available, and I could buy a bright, shiny, perfect NEW 1911 for that price (or 2, depending on manufacturer).

The $730 M1 Garands are a different story . . . where else can you get a Garand for $730?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Just curious, will the asking price keep the other .45's from the ww2 era ( already out there ) the same or decrease/increase ?
I could see an offering of $400 driving the bottom out of the market.

·
Premium Member
13,326 Posts
Congrats. Looking forward to the pictures.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Congratulations! My random number is over 16k, so I’m out of luck for this batch. Would love to see pics as well

·
Registered
909 Posts
webejeepin, I don't know if you follow the CMP website but I suspect that it will not be long before you get the long awaited call. Good Luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts