Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are having a CMP Highpower match this coming Saturday (5/5/18) at Magnolia Rifle & Pistol Club in Byram. We'll plan to have rounds downrange at 9:00 a.m. sharp, so please be there by 8:45 to do paperwork and get gear to the line. Any that can make it sooner and help set up are always appreciated as well.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
See you saturday

Reactions: LugerT

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Will try to be there but can't help with set up...might be able to drag an Ensign to come with me, he can help.

Reactions: stewbaby

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,120 Posts
Can't make it this weekend, I have to go to Millsaps Graduation. :(

Reactions: LugerT and HerrZnk

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Can't make it this weekend, I have to go to Millsaps Graduation. :(
Hope the Millsaps Grad will earn enough to pay off the Millsaps education.

Reactions: Mesquite

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,120 Posts
Hope the Millsaps Grad will earn enough to pay off the Millsaps education.
He's done real well with his Millsaps education, owns a advertising company worth millions and probably paid his college off 50yrs ago. The graduate is 78ys old and my wife's uncle. He didn't get to walk with his class in the early 60's because graduation was the same day as his Army OCS graduation. Somebody at Millsaps found his diploma a few months ago and realized he never received it so he is receiving his with this years class and is being recognized as the oldest grad ever from Millsaps.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
He's done real well with his Millsaps education, owns a advertising company worth millions and probably paid his college off 50yrs ago. The graduate is 78ys old and my wife's uncle. He didn't get to walk with his class in the early 60's because graduation was the same day as his Army OCS graduation. Somebody at Millsaps found his diploma a few months ago and realized he never received it so he is receiving his with this years class and is being recognized as the oldest grad ever from Millsaps.
Very cool.

·
Premium Member
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still being new to this, what rifles/carbines are good for this match?
As Clemenza would say "leave the M1 carbine, take the Swede"!

...as stated, most shoot their AR in the first relay and a Garand in the second relay. Being allergic to black rifles, I usually shoot a Garand in the first and alternate between Swiss, Swede, 1903A3 and such for the second relay. I just need more vintage bolt than the two dedicated matches a year offer!

I keep hoping someone will show up with a PSL, SVT, or BAR one day. Guess I'm going to have to take up that slack also when my ship comes in.

·
Registered
418 Posts

...as stated, most shoot their AR in the first relay and a Garand in the second relay. Being allergic to black rifles, I usually shoot a Garand in the first and alternate between Swiss, Swede, 1903A3 and such for the second relay. I just need more vintage bolt than the two dedicated matches a year offer!

I keep hoping someone will show up with a PSL, SVT, or BAR one day. Guess I'm going to have to take up that slack also when my ship comes in.
I kinda would like to see someone show up with a M1941 Johnson

·
Registered
5,706 Posts

I still remember when we had a 200 yard M1 carbine match at our SWGC range. Some of the projectiles stuck in the cardboard. Sideways.

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts

Good. Ive got ammo loaded for the Swede but not the garand. My AR has sights but never used them. Have no idea where they would hit. The red dot is on but it would have to come off.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Wonder if he'd be interested in paying off a 24-year veteran teacher's student loans. Just asking for a friend.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Weather looking sketchy. Wouldn't happen two in a row...would it? Worst case, I vote to shoot in the rain. Been awhile, but as I recall no one died from it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts