Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are having a CMP Highpower match this coming Saturday (6/16/18) at Magnolia Rifle & Pistol Club in Byram. We'll plan to have rounds downrange at 8:00 a.m. sharp (note the time change to get ahead of the heat), so please be there by 7:45 to do paperwork and get gear to the line. Any that can make it sooner and help set up are always appreciated as well.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Where can I find information on the rules for the CMP High Power matches. Are these events open only to Magnolia members?

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,120 Posts
Where can I find information on the rules for the CMP High Power matches. Are these events open only to Magnolia members?
Here a run down of the course of fire. Highpower Match / Course of Fire
Matches are open to anyone.
Most people shoot now shoot an AR with a scope, some still shoot Garands.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
The rules are available at thecmp.org, but local matches involve some flexibility. what are you wanting to shoot?

·
21,120 Posts
I've got to go to a family reunion Saturday that I am so looking forward going to.
:warning:

Reactions: Mesquite

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
The rules are available at thecmp.org, but local matches involve some flexibility. what are you wanting to shoot?
Have never shot a high power match before. Was mostly curious of the rules and types of firearms allowed. The only rifle I have that might qualify is an AR, but it isn’t built to any military standard. Ruger lower, PSA 18” .223 wylde upper. It’s a moot point, however, as a shoot in June is out for me. Tied up every weekend through the 1st of July. But was thinking ahead into maybe September. Mostly, I just like to shoot and it’s always more fun when the setting is competitive, even if it’s informal. Am always looking for events that I may be able to try out.

Reactions: HerrZnk

·
21,120 Posts
Have never shot a high power match before. Was mostly curious of the rules and types of firearms allowed. The only rifle I have that might qualify is an AR, but it isn’t built to any military standard. Ruger lower, PSA 18” .223 wylde upper. It’s a moot point, however, as a shoot in June is out for me. Tied up every weekend through the 1st of July. But was thinking ahead into maybe September. Mostly, I just like to shoot and it’s always more fun when the setting is competitive, even if it’s informal. Am always looking for events that I may be able to try out.
Your rifle will work. Come out an shoot one when you get a chance, they're fun.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Yep, any AR will work for us. Irons or optics up to 4.5X max. Something to lay on (we can loan you a mat), spotting scope nice but optional. two mags, 60 rounds (120 if shoot both relays). Get your feet wet and go on from there. We're very relaxed and will help as we need to. And you usually get a free lunch.

Reactions: rigrat

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
I've got to go to a family reunion Saturday that I am so looking forward going to.
:warning:
Just curious, your family or Sharon's? I won't tell, promise.

·
21,120 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Your rifle will work. Come out an shoot one when you get a chance, their fun.
What is the entry fee? Does Magnolia do this shoot monthly or quarterly or otherwise? And is it usually on the same weekend if the month? I asked because I shoot trap at SWGC the first Saturday and Bullseye (vintage military) pistol the second Saturday (usually). I can, of course, miss occasionally. Lol.

·
21,120 Posts
What is the entry fee? Does Magnolia do this shoot monthly or quarterly or otherwise? And is it usually on the same weekend if the month? I asked because I shoot trap at SWGC the first Saturday and Bullseye (vintage military) pistol the second Saturday (usually). I can, of course, miss occasionally. Lol.
Here's a schedule of the matches at Magnolia. https://magnoliarpc.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/2018-2019-Activity-Calendar-1.pdf
Usually not any matches in Dec, Jan and Feb. and some are M1 Carbine matches.
Think the fees are still $10 I have been able to make a match since March.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Note that the July match is Vintage Bolt, not AR.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I'm gonna have to break out the Enfield for that one, never shot a bolt match.
Wouldn’t mind shooting a bolt match myself. Don’t think my wore out old M95/30 could hit a target at 200 yards though. Lol.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts