Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Great information, sure didnt know so much was involved. Does the MS Gun Owner qualify as one of their organizations you need to belong to?
Really there is not that much involved. MSGO is not a Club as defined by CMP; thus, it does not meet the requirement.

Reactions: 7557 and Mesquite

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
If you're military (including retiree) all you need is your military ID, unless you're in a State that requires a permit to purchase.

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With all paperwork in hand, can you go to Anniston and buy one? Or, do you have to order your first one?
YES - just make sure you have everything needed ....

Reactions: 94LEVERFAN

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Reactions: Mesquite

·
Registered
5 Posts
I filled out the paperwork for this last July. It can seem daunting but there aren't too many hoops. Join the Garand Collectors Association, a 1 year membership is 25$, consider this like your tax stamp (except that the turnaround is immediate). Go into a bank and get the paperwork notarized. Firearms related activity, a C&R license is acceptable and is what I used, you could also use your concealed carry card, and if you don't have those, a range membership should work. My only other piece of advice that I gathered from other forums is that while many Field Grade are often in good condition and functional rifles, if you aren't heading to Anniston to hand select one, it is better to go with Service Grade. Mine is a great condition 1943 Springfield. It took about one month for the paperwork to go through, a week to process, and a day or two to ship. I've been busy and am just getting around to taking apart her and cleaning her up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts