Mississippi Gun Owners banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I filled out the paperwork for this last July. It can seem daunting but there aren't too many hoops. Join the Garand Collectors Association, a 1 year membership is 25$, consider this like your tax stamp (except that the turnaround is immediate). Go into a bank and get the paperwork notarized. Firearms related activity, a C&R license is acceptable and is what I used, you could also use your concealed carry card, and if you don't have those, a range membership should work. My only other piece of advice that I gathered from other forums is that while many Field Grade are often in good condition and functional rifles, if you aren't heading to Anniston to hand select one, it is better to go with Service Grade. Mine is a great condition 1943 Springfield. It took about one month for the paperwork to go through, a week to process, and a day or two to ship. I've been busy and am just getting around to taking apart her and cleaning her up.
I agree with this 100%. Some of the Field grade guns are great guns, pay a little more and get the Service grade, even if you go see it, if you are looking for a military surplus rifle. Many people don't realize you can also purchase a brand new, newly made M-1 for about $1080.

·
MSGO Court Jester
40,863 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, PineBelt qualifies, or at least it used to.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts