Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,644 Posts
Hope somebody here can help you out. I know little of Saiga's and their accessories, but on these you should be able to check out prices on the internet and adjust for condition, etc.

I can't say that I've ever seen a nickel plated Gold Cup before, but a lot of its value left when they did that. It has been changed from a highly desirable target handgun into what probably will be a very accurate carry gun. If its light-weight operating springs (standard on Gold Cups) have not been replaced, it will need at least a heavier recoil spring, and probably a full-power mainspring also for combat reliability which is of paramount importance in a carry-gun.

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
Have you still got the original grips for the GC? Things like that make a lot of difference to many buyers ... I for one!!

Is the finish plated or stainless?

·
Super Moderator
13,476 Posts
:yeah: Finish, grip panels, sites, condition, and other details can take a $2000 gun down to $500-$600 in a heart beat. Right now the original grip panels in new/decent shape are bringing more than I could/would ever pay. Guns are like cars. A bone stock one owner hemi 'cuda with low miles and documentation is worth a lot more than the same car 'restored' with aftermarket parts and Viper v-10.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill ask if he still has the original grips... Add that to my questions list for him. We were getting ready to leave on out last visit to see him last week and he asked if my dad knew anyone who'd be interested and he was "Hey, would you go ahead and take these and see if you or your dad can sell them?" I sold his motorcycle for him last year.

·
Registered
8,697 Posts
Colt so
Hope somebody here can help you out. I know little of Saiga's and their accessories, but on these you should be able to check out prices on the internet and adjust for condition, etc.

I can't say that I've ever seen a nickel plated Gold Cup before, but a lot of its value left when they did that. It has been changed from a highly desirable target handgun into what probably will be a very accurate carry gun. If its light-weight operating springs (standard on Gold Cups) have not been replaced, it will need at least a heavier recoil spring, and probably a full-power mainspring also for combat reliability which is of paramount importance in a carry-gun.
Colt sold a Gold Cup National Match in factory electro nickel that would polish up like that. They run around 2500 - 3 grand. I think they may have even came with those same grips.

·
Registered
8,697 Posts
Actually they came out with three, I did not know that (Not saying this is one of them, but they did have NIckel Gold Cup National Match), found this on an old auction and there is one of them on Arsmlist for $2900 and I know I have seen one with those grips. (I think)

ULTRA RARE COLT 1911 GOLD CUP NATIONAL MATCH .45 MK IV '70 SERIES, SATIN NICKEL PLATED. Approximately 200 of these were made. Manufactured in 1976. GUARANTEED TO BE COLT FACTORY SATIN NICKEL FINISH. Colt came out in the '70's with 3 types of Gold Cup National Match 1911 nickel plated types. Matte Electroless Nickel, 2 tone Blue and Nickel, and this gun, Satin Nickel. Gunsmithed, hand fitted, finished and tuned with hand picked parts. Chambered in .45 ACP. Crisp, tight, smooth gunsmithed action with adjustable hair trigger. Pristine NATIONAL MATCH barrel (and marked so) comprised of a lapped bore & NM bushing, with NM widened, mirror polished feed ramp. Factory PORTED ejection. Colt magazine. Extra fancy bookmatched Coco Bolo Diamond grips. Excellent overall condition. A RARE VARIATION OF THE '70 SERIES NATIONAL MATCH. Colt's supremely accurate shooting with an exceptionally attractive appearance. ONLY A FEW OF THESE WERE MADE. EXTREMELY RARE.

Colt 1911 NATIONAL MATCH '70 series FACTORY NICKEL

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
That's the BSS finnish on the gold cup, need the grips and start the bids @ $2000.00 you will need an approximate round count with the slight discoloration on the forward frame and slide, Series 80 mk-IV have the narrow head on the lemon squeezer[beavertail] that being a turnoff for some. The Saiga find out whats out there or what he paid for it, due to the recent sanctions against Russia none are available for the new market depending on the politics that gun could effectively double in value. Are those the poly drums or Aluminum with the large open sides, the ten or 12 round mag looks to be metal no matter on the 5rd or the 10-12 rnd, let them go with the gun the drums are better if poly vs aluminum. Id price them. Link to a five year test and review below for the Saiga.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
9,644 Posts
Well, this has turned out to be a very interesting thread! I wasn't aware that Colt had ever offered the Gold Cup in Nickle or Stainless. The suggestion that you try to get a letter of authentication from Colt is a very good one! That may well be a very valuable rare version instead of a devalued mistake! I'd also ask the owner if he can come up with a box and papers!

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Here's a very similar "conversion" Saiga 12 to the one in your photo. Whatever his final price is should be about average. Conversion is in quotes, because the trigger group hasn't been moved forward. The stock is an add-on, a budget version of the conversion.
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/622682432

If it's a ProMag 20 round drum $50-$60, maybe. I've been trying to sell a new in package one for a year for $75, but no takers. (edit to correct) I just looked at prices on Gun Broker, and there's a ProMag 20 for the Saiga 12 for sale for $45 + 12.50 shipping. I'm gonna drop my price next Gun Show. I didn't know they came down in price. :(

If it's an MDArms 20 round drum, thee sell for about $100 new. No idea used price.

The SGM 10 round mag is $33.36 new at BudsGunShop (probably + shipping).

The 5 round is what came with the gun originally.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
You can go to http://www.gunbroker and see what these are fetching there - not what people are asking but what they are actually getting bids for or selling for... And then come off some for local sale. The Saiga 12 gage is very popular - they are great shotguns.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts