Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The spring on the hand of my Pietta "Confederate" Navy finally broke, necessitating an order from Dixie Gun Works. (If you don't have one of their catalogs, it's an absolute treasure.) First time I've ever had to replace a part in the gun, which I've had for many years but in truth is fondled much more than it is shot. If anybody isn't familiar with the part, it's a steel arm mounted in a hole on the hammer that rotates the cylinder as the gun is cocked, and I was informed there may be "slight" fitting required. So I rassled with the thing for probably two hours, I had to file some on the nose of the hand, and never could quite get it to work correctly. I had noticed the old part has a slight bend to one side, so I mounted the new one in a vise down as far as where the bend starts on the old one and gave it a sharp whack with a ball peen, came out perfect. So now the revolver is back in the line-up, maybe I'll shoot it one day this week.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
PowerG, I am from from McKenzie, TN, close to Union City. My dad was in the glass business & did the glass in Dixie Gun Works' new building. As a kid I studied every page of the Dixie Gun Works catalog & it was great to meet Turner Kirkland when he was alive. His catalogs were a wealth of knowledge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts