close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Contingency planning for 2017

Discussion in 'Round Table' started by GunnyGene, May 2, 2016.

1. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

Anybody making contingency plans for 2017 and beyond? Lots of unknowns at the moment, but some rough outlines could be made, based on the candidates general positions and rhetoric so far. No need to go into great detail, just wondering if anyone is thinking about this.

Trump wins, Legislature remains Republican in both houses.
    Trump wins, but Legislature in one or both houses goes Democrat
    Cruz wins, Legislature remains Republican in both houses.
    Cruz wins, but Legislature in one or both houses goes Democrat
    Hillary wins, Legislature remains Republican in both houses.
    Hillary wins, but Legislature in one or both houses goes Democrat
    Sanders wins, Legislature remains Republican in both houses.
    Sanders wins, but Legislature in one or both houses goes Democrat

How will the above scenarios effect your personal life if at all? (Economic, possible regulatory changes, education, healthcare, location, etc.).

Do you have plans to deal with those possibilities, or will you just "wing it"?

2. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Wing it as always. Hard to plan any more than already for the unknown. Maybe just start carrying around a larger bottle of Vaseline.

3. maxhush

maxhush Distinguished Poster

NW MS
    Pile up more ammo prior to the election, no matter what happens. Prices are probably about as good as they're going to be a for a while on a lot of stuff right now. Prices may (will probably) start to creep up, like a bad pair of underwear, during the Summer, due to pre-election jitters. If the Hildebeast wins, prices on ammo and firearms, especially semi-autos and the calibers associated with them, will go insane as people panic buy.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  4. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

Already buying ammo as I can. Picked up another 400 rounds of 22 the other day at Academy. I will try to get a good rifle that suits me soon but haven't found just the right combo yet.

5. 45flattop

45flattop Distinguished Poster

Jackson
    The worst aspect if Hildebeast wins is that she has had 8 years of Obamination's
    unconstitutional going around Congress to issue EOs to make effectively new law
    on her own so I fully expect her to try and do away(de facto if not de jure) with
    the 2nd amendment protections we have and if she packs the SCOTUS with her
    type, the jig might be up. I wouldn't be surprised if many people bury their
    property against the day when she will hopefully be history. With luck, she'll
    be in jail before then.

6. maxhush

NW MS
    What really bothers me is that she really should be in jail now. With every day that she isn't that passes I get more concerned that it ain't gonna happen.

Cliff731, 95 taco, MrGoodtime and 3 others like this.
  7. maxhush

NW MS
    BTW, from the patterns of past panics, the first thing to increase radically in price and scarcity are the low end semi's like the WASR AKs and such. If you find yourself caught short, there is a window there where the insanity does not catch up to the higher end stuff as quickly, like say the SLR101s and other Arsenals (~$1K and more stuff), which will lag the other surges, so it can be possible to pick up a high end AK for less than a low end AK during the beginning days of a panic.

8. Tall Boy

Tall Boy Distinguished Poster

My comments may belong better here: Survival/Preparedness/Self Sufficiency

I don't think it makes a lot of difference which of the two parties is in power. They are just two sides of the same coin that is owned by the banksters. I fear for the future of my grandchildren.

Over ten years ago, when I had income, we started preparing for TEOTWAWKI. Now we're just trying to continue to learn and to maintain what we've got. For instance: now we know that it's not always good to plant a garden on Good Friday. Thankfully, the second garden planting seems to be working well.

9. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Distinguished Poster

I've long since come to the conclusion that sooner or later one of these clowns is going to legislate me right into being a criminal and at this stage in my life I'm at peace with that (not them doing it but me being a criminal part). Not like I can stop them anyway. As they say "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

That said regardless of who wins I will continue to do, what it is I do. Which is to say, continue to follow the laws of common sense no matter how short the supply of common sense in the world seems to get.

10. bar306

bar306 Distinguished Poster

If Dems win...don't worry about money, healthcare or guns - there simply won't be any. Many men in black suits will visit you if you don't conform.

11. 95 taco

95 taco Blessed are the peacemakers

I understand your concern and I also share it, but at the same time we need to realize that the legal process takes time.
    I went to school with a guy that recently had charges against him for something that i believe he should be tortured and then shot for, he has even told people that he went to school with that he was guilty, there is no doubt of guilt from anyone who has dealt with him and knows of the charges.
    But it will be about 2 years before he is even taken to court because he must go before the grand jury since it is a felony.
    I just can't wait to see what the military court does to him when he goes before them.

So at this point she may not be getting special "avoid the charges" treatment, they may need more time to draw up charges and make sure they get the count of charges correct.

Oh, and to the OP, I'll just wing it, of course I'll be buying guns and ammo as I can because like every election year prices will rise and stuff will be scarce.

12. Cliff731

Cliff731 Danged ole' Hermit...

Gunny... my "planning" is simple nowadays... I don't buy green bananas anymore... :)

Other than that... and especially to the younger folks in our group... stock up on ammo... buy what you can reasonably afford without putting your car payment and mortgage payment at risk... or causing a divorce... and any firearms you've been seriously wanting that hold more than 10 rounds, or look "evil" as in is capable of accepting a detachable magazine of greater than 10 rounds. To promote your marital bliss at home and healthy household finances, the same caveats apply to the buying of guns deal too!

13. Caleb C

Caleb C Distinguished Poster

Lake, MS
    I don't figure the outcomes of any of the elections will significantly change anything one way or another. We're seeing the middle of the end of the Republican party regardless of who wins at the convention. Regardless of who wins the general election we'll still have the same underlying problem. The takers will get more restless because there's not enough free stuff. The producers will get more restless because they're tired of being tax slaves. These things will happen regardless of who occupies the White House. Eventually people may get hungry enough to start killing one another. I hate to be the pessimist of the group but these things don't appear to be avoidable at this point.

Plan A: God, ammo, unshakable resolve
    Plan B: There isn't one.

ScottWW, Leonidas, maxhush and 3 others like this.
  14. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

Sum Gy Custom Firearms Distinguished Poster

Look around you my friend people are already killing each other and for a lot less than being hungry!!! :(

maxhush and mascott like this.
  15. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

Thanks, y'all. Good to know that folks are thinking about it, even if the details are sketchy. Many people don't even want to contemplate what they'll have for breakfast the next day. ;)

As is said: "Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance" .

16. bubbat

bubbat Gate Keeper to my corner of Hell

Clinton
    Hilldabeast win? I thought you said we aren't going to have elections? Obama is still gonna be president in 2017:p

45flattop- "That's assuming he doesn't set the feds loose to create some

"emergency" to use as a pretext to suspending the 2016 elections for the duration

of his self made crisis."

45flattop- "Whatever the actual triggering factor or factors of the

coming collapse, Obama will use it as a pretext to suspend

the Constitution and future elections so he can rule by

decree as he's wanted to do all along."

45flattop- "That presumes that Obamination won't rig another put up "crisis"

and suspend elections for the indefinite future and send Congress home so they can't interfere with his rule"

17. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Well, while it hasn't happened yet..........it hasn't happened yet!

18. Caleb C

Caleb C Distinguished Poster

Lake, MS
    Yea but that's typical urban democrat behavior. Granted, it's worse than ever but it's not new. What I'm referring to is more of a societal meltdown. Kind of a civil war without the convenience of borders and boundaries. A well-fed and content populace will not turn on it's self. A hungry one will.

19. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

Sum Gy Custom Firearms Distinguished Poster

There is an old saying the more life there is the less life is worth.

mascott likes this.
  20. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

When the freebies stop, the animals will spread outward to communities where every day people live and the ones who are not ready will fall first.