Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all is needed to convert a 1911 in 45 to 9 MM?
I know obviously a slide and barrel and mags, but what else?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
9,486 Posts
Man dont let Rob scare you. The you dont need a whole new gun The breechfaces are different on the slides. Hammer could get a Fussion 9mm slide $250, barrel&bushing $195, recoil spring $20 and new mags $30 and could rock and roll


P.S On a side note i could be full of BS its been along day
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
9,486 Posts
:scratch: question is why are you doing this. im going out on a limb that you have a single stack 1911, so if you do this conversion are you wanting to play around in limited ten? If its double stack are you wanting to shoot in open class?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thinking about steel for now. Not sure if I want to do uspsa in the future or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a gun to trade for this 1911. Did not have the cash on hand for the XDM. Plus, I am not a big fan of the XDM.. I like the XD better.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
9,486 Posts
i would say stick with what you got an get some good sights

That xdm was SICK! thats gonna be one of those you regret selling in about 3 years
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,428 Posts
Beladran said:
i would say stick with what you got an get some good sights

That xdm was SICK! thats gonna be one of those you regret selling in about 3 years
Shhhh Im trying not to love my earthly possessions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know this is a Bo Mar sight, but that is about it. What other info do yall have on it? What "kind"? Comp? Tactical? what?

 

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
Joined
·
21,123 Posts
Frames are the same size. It's easier to convert a .38super to 9mm all you need is the barrel and maybe mags.The .38 super mags will work for 9mm in sometimes.

9mm and 38super have smaller firing pins and different ejector than the .45
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,644 Posts
Beladran said:
Man dont let Rob scare you. The you dont need a whole new gun The breechfaces are different on the slides. Hammer could get a Fussion 9mm slide $250, barrel&bushing $195, recoil spring $20 and new mags $30 and could rock and roll


P.S On a side note i could be full of BS its been along day
... about $500 - just buy a new gun!! :tophat:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,137 Posts
Dost thou wish for the Lord to smite thee, Phillistine? Back thou off trying to change the Lord's caliber to anything else!!

(Cue the lightening bolts, boys)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
slabsides45 said:
Dost thou wish for the Lord to smite thee, Phillistine? Back thou off trying to change the Lord's caliber to anything else!!

(Cue the lightening bolts, boys)
Better hold off on the lightening for a bit,,, it is still chambered in 45!!! Would hate to have to put a hurting on the lightning gods!!!

It is not going to be a permanant change. I want to try to change it to 9mm for match purposes, and then back to 45 for around the house, etc.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top