Mississippi Gun Owners banner

Coonan .357

Tags
4K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Jason Johnston 
#1 ·
It happened again. Another one followed me home from the pawn shop but this one wasn't my fault. It's all the fault of the coronavirus and that scoundrel @phillipd. :) It all started last week when I spotted it in a pawn shop. The first person I though of was Phillip since he has a Desert Eagle. I figured this would be it's perfect companion but he wasn't interested in it. I left it there since there was a S&W revolver at another pawn shop that I had my eye on. Saturday afternoon I ran around to several pawn shops and ended up at the one with the S&W. After looking it over good I made an offer but was told that due to the virus the manager wouldn't let them drop the prices at all. I left there and headed to Gold-N-Guns to look at this one again and the rest is history. From what I read this one is from near the end of the Model B production but I haven't found a date yet. It should be from the late 80's to early 90's. It doesn't appear to have been shot a lot. I've shot a couple of mags through it and the recoil is no where near as bad as my 4" S&W 66 with the same loads.
Shotgun Trigger

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

See less See more
#9 ·
Y
It happened again. Another one followed me home from the pawn shop but this one wasn't my fault. It's all the fault of the coronavirus and that scoundrel @phillipd. :) It all started last week when I spotted it in a pawn shop. The first person I though of was Phillip since he has a Desert Eagle. I figured this would be it's perfect companion but he wasn't interested in it. I left it there since there was a S&W revolver at another pawn shop that I had my eye on. Saturday afternoon I ran around to several pawn shops and ended up at the one with the S&W. After looking it over good I made an offer but was told that due to the virus the manager wouldn't let them drop the prices at all. I left there and headed to Gold-N-Guns to look at this one again and the rest is history. From what I read this one is from near the end of the Model B production but I haven't found a date yet. It should be from the late 80's to early 90's. It doesn't appear to have been shot a lot. I've shot a couple of mags through it and the recoil is no where near as bad as my 4" S&W 66 with the same loads.
View attachment 206059
View attachment 206061
View attachment 206063
i'm glad you didn't think of me LOL! I don't need to spend the money right now!

#4 ·
@22lrfan... here ya go... Congrats on this one.... :101010::101010::101010:

#7 ·
Looks like enough room on the end to have barrel threaded :cool:
I thought about that as soon as I saw it. I need to measure the OD and compare it to my threaded barrels. A 5” barrel was standard but this 6” one was available as an option.

#16 ·
Are yours both the new Classic models? From what I’ve read there is a slight difference in the model B magazines and the new Classic ones. Some B’s will accept the Classic mags and some won’t but the factory will modify the B frame to work with the new mags.

#12 ·
When Coonan was in business (this last time) I heard they would modify the B to accept their current "classic" mags. Although there is a chance the newer mags would fit properly without modification. Hit & miss.

Moot point now that they have gone under again. Their site says they "are not gone"...but it's been a while. Last newer mags I saw were going for 200ish. Saw one mag go for 260ish on ebay a few months ago...if memory serves.

Great guns...wish I had acquired more mags when they were 60.00

Congrats bud:D

#17 ·
Yep. I need to do that. Maybe I’ll get lucky.

#20 ·
Thanks. I tried some light cast loads and they didn’t move the slide. I didn’t realize the factory had gone under again. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.