Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Mississippi Peacemakers will be shooting five Cowboy Action Shooting stages this Saturday, 16 October.

Registration opens at 0800 and shooting starts at 0900.

Weather is supposed to be awesome this Saturday - Sunny skies. High near 70°F. Winds N at 10 to 20 mph..

Spectators are welcome - eye protection mandatory, hearing protection recommended.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,708 Posts
I'll be missing this one sitting out in the GOM on the rig I work on. I'm hoping to make November though. You should snap a few pics of the people and shoot. Be safe !

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I keep taking my GoPro, Drone and DSLR - along with my phone - but still get caught up in doing stuff that I don't use any of it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We had 23 shooters show up yesterday, including three new shooters. Weather was about as good as it gets.

We had eight shooters shoot the match clean (no misses and no procedural errors) including one new shooter.

For those wondering what CAS looks like in person I did manage to get some videos, including a few POV (point-of-view) shots. We have shooters of all age and experience levels, as I think the selection of videos will show.

211016 Mississippi Peacemakers - YouTube

Font Rectangle Material property Parallel Number
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Pattern

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
23,143 Posts
You had the go-pro on your hat? Shoeshooter and I watched ya'll shoot a couple stages, then walked down and watched the other squad shoot at the "fort". Looks like a lot of fun.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You had the go-pro on your hat? Shoeshooter and I watched ya'll shoot a couple stages, then walked down and watched the other squad shoot at the "fort". Looks like a lot of fun.
Yes, I had the GoPro on my hat. And as you can tell, remembered to turn it on a few times.:D

I actually forgot I had it up there more often than not so didn't record as much as I wanted to. This is also the first time I've recorded using it on my hat/head so I wasn't sure how wide an angle it would get. Lessons learned for next match (if I remember).

If you show up next month (Nov 20th) be sure to introduce yourself. As we had three new shooters on our posse I was kinda busy the whole match. Plus walking the stages before hand to make sure everything was set up correctly.

I'm not sure how many will show up, but there will be some people show up Oct 30th for an off the cuff match. Depending on how many show up, we will decide which stages to shoot and how.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts