Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Mississippi Peacemakers will be shooting five Cowboy Action Shooting stages this Saturday, 20 November.

Registration opens at 0800 and shooting starts at 0900.

Weather should be nice. Low of 36°F Friday night. Clear and sunny Saturday with a high of 66°F.

Spectators are welcome - eye protection mandatory, hearing protection recommended.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
The Mississippi Peacemakers will be shooting five Cowboy Action Shooting stages this Saturday, 20 November.

Registration opens at 0800 and shooting starts at 0900.

Weather should be nice. Low of 36°F Friday night. Clear and sunny Saturday with a high of 66°F.

Spectators are welcome - eye protection mandatory, hearing protection recommended.
Location please

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,890 Posts
Going to try and make it myself. No guarantee's though got allot going on.

Reactions: Valspar

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hope everyone that plans on showing up tomorrow gets a good nights sleep.

Dress warm; 37°F low tonight. Should be low to mid 50°s by the time we start shooting.

If you show up, I'll be the one with the blond beard.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also noticed most of the competitors don't have SASS numbers. Why is that?

We just started using a new scoring program and we are having to put the information in individually. If I had the SASS number available I entered it.

It is not a retirement to be a SASS member to shoot locally. It is only a requirement to be a member to shoot at State level and above matches. That said, if you don't join and register your alias you may lose it. Also, if you don't maintain your membership you can lose your alias. Your SASS number is always yours but your alias is open to anyone if you don't maintain membership.

I can tell you that at least 10 of the shooters without a SASS number on this form do have valid memberships, I just haven't put the information in the scoring program.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,890 Posts
Great day for shooting and had allot of fun. Can't wait to get back out there and shoot again. I've got allot of practice to do before then. Along with smoothing out my lever gun and learning to stuff 12 gauge shells faster. ;):ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Twang

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@rigrat you did great! My other buddy shooting a match for the first time said he was still shaking when loading for the 3rd stage.

Now that you've seen how other shooters approach the stages and handle their firearms you have a better idea of how to practice while at home. If you have questions or concerns, hit me up here or on the SASS Wire.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,890 Posts
There's only a couple categories I recognize.

FC = frontiersman catridge
LSS = Lady silver senior
LD = Lady Duelist
ES = Elder Statesman

what are ?
CO
WR
CB
FH
FO
BW
GU
GR

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,890 Posts
@rigrat you did great! My other buddy shooting a match for the first time said he was still shaking when loading for the 3rd stage.

Now that you've seen how other shooters approach the stages and handle their firearms you have a better idea of how to practice while at home. If you have questions or concerns, hit me up here or on the SASS Wire.
Thanks, I didn't do as bad as I thought I did. But it was allot of fun and can't wait to do it again.

RigRat, what is your SASS name?

I'd be that slapshot character, LOL.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There's only a couple categories I recognize.

FC = frontiersman catridge
LSS = Lady silver senior
LD = Lady Duelist
ES = Elder Statesman

what are ?
CO
WR
CB
FH
FO
BW
GU
GR
CO = Cowboy
WR = Wrangler
CB = Cattle Baron
FH = ??? SH = Shootist, which is a local category. Whoever finishes in the top 5, regardless of their "official" category will compete in the shootist category the following month. As that is a local category, if you are competing as a shootist you can shoot with any shooting style (2-handed/traditional, duelist, double-duelist or gunfighter).
FO = Forty Niner
BW = B-Western
GU = Gunfighter
GR = Greenhorn (any shooter shooting for the first time)

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,890 Posts
Thanks , I looked up the handbook but just wasn't registering for me. Now it makes sense to me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts