Mississippi Gun Owners banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have used or seen used three different electronic scoring programs since I started and each use different abbreviations for different categories.

I have seen the forty-niner category abbreviated as FO, FN and 49.
I have also seen frontiersman abbreviated as FN and FR.
I have seen cowboy abbreviated as CO and CB.
I have seen gunfighter abbreviated as GU and GF.

Sometimes it just doesn't make sense.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
For those of you that are in the south MS area there is going to be a Cowboy match Saturday December 4th at Coast Rifle and Pistol Club in D’Iberville. Registration starts at 8:00, hammers go down at 9:00. You don’t have to be a member of SASS or the club to come out and have some fun.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,893 Posts
That girl (Lady Gator) is the MS State Woman Champion. I know her and her husband ** personally and proud to call them friends. Lady Gator has won many, many overall fastest shooter awards.
There was a couple shooters that I would have swore had a full auto, LOL. Impressive how fast some can shoot.

For those of you that are in the south MS area there is going to be a Cowboy match Saturday December 4th at Coast Rifle and Pistol Club in D’Iberville. Registration starts at 8:00, hammers go down at 9:00. You don’t have to be a member of SASS or the club to come out and have some fun.
Sure wish I could make that one. Had lots of fun shooting at Mendenhall.

Reactions: harleychief

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,893 Posts
@Twang

You should go, you'd have a blast shooting.

·
Super Moderator
10,168 Posts
@Twang

You should go, you'd have a blast shooting.
I'll probably go watch. Can't shoot, though. All I have are a couple cap & ball revolvers, and a cartridge conversion revolver. No eligible rifle or shotty yet. Hopefully one day soon . . . . I guess I shouldn't have sold you that Rossi 92 rifle that Ellis has now, LOL.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,893 Posts
I'll probably go watch. Can't shoot, though. All I have are a couple cap & ball revolvers, and a cartridge conversion revolver. No eligible rifle or shotty yet. Hopefully one day soon . . . . I guess I shouldn't have sold you that Rossi 92 rifle that Ellis has now, LOL.
Yeah would have been cheaper for me to kept it and shot 38 spl. But I'm going to get a 160 gr 45 mold and that will help cost.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts