Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
μολὼν λαβέ
40,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
@Vapspar

Hey Valspar, Is the Mississippi Peacemakers having a shoot this Saturday the 15th ? And then another on the 5th Saturday?

Anybody from MSGO going to be there?

·
Registered
331 Posts
@Vapspar

Hey Valspar, Is the Mississippi Peacemakers having a shoot this Saturday the 15th ? And then another on the 5th Saturday?

Anybody from MSGO going to be there?
Yessir, shooting on the 15th and 29th.

I'll definitely be there there on the 15th but not sure about 29th.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
40,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trying to get loaded up for the 15th. Think I'll be trying Frontier Catridge category since I just got a shipment of APP in.

I was looking at the last months times. You did really well at 6th fasted time of that day.

Reactions: Valspar

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've got about 15 lbs of BlackMZ that I bought when Sportsman's Warehouse was getting rid of it. I think I paid about $9 a bottle. I have delusions of shooting it one day but I'm still trying to get my Classic Cowboy stuff together.

Last month was fun - lots of shotgun. :D

Won't be as much this month because people stated they are having problem finding components. You can still expect 20 shotgun targets.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
40,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats good to hear I just ran out of shot got 30 APP 12 gauge loaded. Trying to get my 45 colt loaded for the rifle and the 45 special loaded for the revolvers.

Shotgun would have been fun. I just shortened the barrels on mine to 19.5". I'm hoping the loads I got will knock the knock downs -down.

Also got a 1858 revolver and a conversion cylinder for it. Really like that one easy to hit with it. Should have got a gated conversion. 🙂

·
Registered
331 Posts
If you need shot, send Shootin Fox a PM on the wire. He's in Oklahoma City and casts his own shot - 7 1/2, graphited. It's not as pretty as store bought but it works. Not sure what he's charging right now.

I picked up a bag at BPS in Pearl a few weeks ago. Worked out to $50/25 lbs after taxes.

I'll be shooting a pair of Ruger Bisley's with C45S next week. We'll see if I can hit anything.:ROFLMAO:

·
μολὼν λαβέ
40,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks might have to hit him up. Afraid shipping would be the killer though. $50/25 was a good deal.

Always wondered about the Bisleys how the grip would feel. Myself I like the 1858 feel but would like to try out a 1875 revolver. The extra room behind the trigger guard would be nice. I just bought 250 pcs 45spl myself. Be shooting 15 gr APP with a 160 gr RF on top. Then the rifle will be 25 gr APP with 160 RF on top.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I just received 250 pcs of 38-40 brass from Starline that have been on back-order for like six month - now I just need something to put them in.;)

·
μολὼν λαβέ
40,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reactions: Subsonix

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just received 250 pcs of 38-40 brass from Starline that have been on back-order for like six month - now I just need something to put them in.;)
I'd be happy to shoot it for you. My Uberti Bisleys eat that up!

I plan on being there on the 15th with the usual disclaimers. I'll be shooting Frontier Cartridge. As for the 29th, it is still two weeks out.

La Sombra

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thanks - I have something in the works.

I'd be happy to shoot it for you. My Uberti Bisleys eat that up!

I plan on being there on the 15th with the usual disclaimers. I'll be shooting Frontier Cartridge. As for the 29th, it is still two weeks out.

La Sombra
;) I was looking for a pair of Ruger Bisley's in 38WCF or 44WCF a while back. I've never seen such a critter in real life, if they were factory made. Having to go a different route but that's not a bad thing sometimes.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Our first match of 2022 is still scheduled with registration opening at 0800.

Friday night's low is forecast to be 46°F.

Forecast for Saturday morning currently shows a 40% chance of rain at 0800. High temp is forecast to be 59°F with a 73% chance of rain throughout the day and SSE winds at 10-15 MPH.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
40,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@ valspar

Unfortunately I had some stuff come up and was unable to make the shoot this time. I hope everything went good and the weather held out until the shoot was over. Did you have a good turn out?

What was the scoring?

·
Registered
13 Posts
@ valspar

Unfortunately I had some stuff come up and was unable to make the shoot this time. I hope everything went good and the weather held out until the shoot was over. Did you have a good turn out?

What was the scoring?
12 Shooters

Rectangle Music Font Parallel Slope

Clean shooters
Product Rectangle Font Parallel Number

And I too did not make it. <sigh>
La Sombra/00-Guy

·
μολὼν λαβέ
40,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow allot of people didn't make it. I sure hate I wasn't able to attend.

You plan on trying to make it the 5th Saturday this month? I'm hoping but thats right before I leave to got to work so uncertain at this time.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thanks for posting the info @00Guy .

We just got back in the house from returning the grand-daughter to OKC. Left home at 0600 Sunday morning and made it OKC a little after 1900, then got back on the road at 0700 this morning. 1500 miles in 24 hours driving (12 of which was with a 2-year old).

@rigrat hope everything is ok. IM me your e-mail and I'll put you on the club newsletter distribution. I do not share e-mails.

It was cool (some say cold) and it was wet and it was windy at times. Lots of people had problems with dead primers or light primer strikes in both pistols and rifles. It was strange.

We will be in Amite, LA next weekend and we plan to be back in Mendenhall on the last weekend.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
40,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for posting the info @00Guy .

We just got back in the house from returning the grand-daughter to OKC. Left home at 0600 Sunday morning and made it OKC a little after 1900, then got back on the road at 0700 this morning. 1500 miles in 24 hours driving (12 of which was with a 2-year old).

@rigrat hope everything is ok. IM me your e-mail and I'll put you on the club newsletter distribution. I do not share e-mails.

It was cool (some say cold) and it was wet and it was windy at times. Lots of people had problems with dead primers or light primer strikes in both pistols and rifles. It was strange.

We will be in Amite, LA next weekend and we plan to be back in Mendenhall on the last weekend.
Wow that was a trip right there. Especially with a 2 year old boss for half the trip, LOL. I'll pm you my email and thanks appreciate you doing that.

Also how much is a yearly membership to the Peacemakers? Even though I can't make it every month I'd like to be a member.

Strange to have so many dead and light primer issues? And I would bet it was cold and not cool. 🙂

·
Registered
331 Posts
Wow that was a trip right there. Especially with a 2 year old boss for half the trip, LOL. I'll pm you my email and thanks appreciate you doing that.

Also how much is a yearly membership to the Peacemakers? Even though I can't make it every month I'd like to be a member.

Strange to have so many dead and light primer issues? And I would bet it was cold and not cool. 🙂
Annual dues are currently $35 for the primary member and an additional $10 for each additional family member.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
40,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Annual dues are currently $35 for the primary member and an additional $10 for each additional family member.
Thanks can just pay at the meet when registering to shoot?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts