Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
MSGO Court Jester
40,216 Posts
Always a possibility during a panic, especially with shortages.

·
Registered
16,418 Posts
I think it might be a little early to get exercised about it in most of the country. Nobody is actually running out of stuff yet, so no desperate people doing desperate stuff. But things like this can change quickly. I'd keep an eye on any cities near you that already have a crime problem and re-evaluate it on a daily basis. Putting it on a 1-5 scale, where my usual concern is 1 or 2, I'd consider it a 2 at the moment, but prepared to go to 3 or higher.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,494 Posts
Really no more than usual right now. Will play it by ear. I do miss not having my carry permit. I would like to have a gun for the ride home from work in 2 weeks just in case things get stupider than they are right now. Guess I'll have to improvise best I can.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Some of it too depends on where you are.
City? Suburbs? Countryside? Farmland?
Are you known (or is it visible from the road) for being a prepper type, or gun type, toilet paper hoarder, etc which could make you a target?
Easy house to rob i.e. cover for thieves, etc?

Note that some states are starting to release tons of prisoners early or not make arrests at all, so you can bet your @$$ crime will shoot way, way up in those areas.

And people have been known to shoot others for things in hurricane times and other similar situations--even without being desperate, or more than mildly inconvenienced.

Nothing is predictable, and while I don't care to sound alarmist, I believe it's better to prepare for the worst. If it happens, it can (and probably will) happen quick.
If it doesn't, you have had peace of mind and stuff you can probably store for a future date.
My $0.02.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,494 Posts
I really need to install camera's. If I can decide which ones and a couple driveway alarms.

·
Registered
16,418 Posts

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I really need to install camera's. If I can decide which ones and a couple driveway alarms.
We got the $20 cameras from Chinamart. They work great so far. The app is pretty easy to use. Requires wifi and power. Only complaint is that the alert sound is not adjustable and can't be changed.

Driveway alarms are harbor freight. They work pretty good, just have to test them occasionally because they will die unexpectedly.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts