Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Chief cook and bottle washer
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The city of Jackson has spent big money on prevention cameras, I’m sure this lady in the pic with a gun in her face thinks they’re really working! I was confused with the headline because it states attempted robbery then says the car was stolen .
A928D25B-5DFA-41E5-8E04-6534E062E7C4.jpeg

·
Chief cook and bottle washer
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should have said ANTI CRIME CAMERA 🤔
they may not have flipped the right switch inside guess I should call “tux” and let him know to check that switch 😷

·
Registered
326 Posts
Those cameras aren't there to protect us they're there for other purposes, i.e. To build facial recognition databases and so on....I'm of the belief that all these wonderful things should be used to ensure our Politicians are always doing what they are supposed to do first before being turned loose on the populous. Public safety is just a buzzword in the overreach of civil liberties.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Cameras are only good if a live body, preferably someone with a gun, responds. If not a camera is just an evidence gatherer and poor one.

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
10,731 Posts
Along these lines (security cameras helping identify criminals), check out the armed robbery video in Hazelhurst, Mississippi last Sunday night:

Click on the video in the article

(I couldn't simply insert the video link. It's not YouTube.)

Anybody think that the surveillance video will help identify the criminals? I doubt it.

·
Thank a veteran.
4,474 Posts
Ok gentlemen here’s some information from a 24 year fire/security tech who has worked everything from hospitals to federal buildings to gas stations.
1. A camera is primarily a visual deterrent.
2. The video can’t be used in court unless there was signage indicating cctv in use.
3. A video is only as good as the investigator reviewing it.
4. The video has to be 100% clear to leave no question of the crime committed.
5. Audio is completely forbidden as it is an invasion of privacy.
They have nothing to do with the government. They are worried about income and power, not recognizing you. There’s software for stuff like that and typically iris scanners and palm readers are used for that in federal buildings and medical facilities.
Just my .02, but I have the career to back it up.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Along these lines (security cameras helping identify criminals), check out the armed robbery video in Hazelhurst, Mississippi last Sunday night:

Click on the video in the article

(I couldn't simply insert the video link. It's not YouTube.)

Anybody think that the surveillance video will help identify the criminals? I doubt it.
You can get more than you might think from video. Height, weight, build and age estimates, race, clothing, etc. even from poor quality video without a good facial image. It's often a process of narrowing the potential suspect pool down to a few that you can then focus your investigation on.

Reactions: Low Rider

·
μολὼν λαβέ
36,531 Posts
Yeah I installed cameras. While I was working late one night a white el camino came up the drive creeping. Just knowing the vehicle and the sound of it allowed me to finally ID the perp. Matter of fact he actually just came back down here last week. He was told if he ever came back he would be arrested. And I'm sure BIL told him exactly what I said.

The cameras allow me to have more info to find the individual myself or who I hire.

Reactions: whoflungdo

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
His gun was in his truck. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts