Mississippi Gun Owners banner

cross dominate eye tip

1714 Views 12 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  vranasaurus
I am cross eye dominate. IF you are in the same boat, heres a tip. If you close your left eye...then youll be right eye dominate. if you close your right eye, youll be left eye dominate :lol:
1 - 1 of 13 Posts
I have the cross dominant affliction. I can't shoot with both eyes open. I just have to close my right eye.

For shooting long guns I always recommend learning to shoot left handed. It might feel wierd at first but you'll get used to it.

I'll never forget one day on the zero range I saw a Soldier firing an M16 right handed but cocking her completely side ways so she could try and get her left eye on the sights. When she finally tried it left handed she was able to zero her rifle.

The only thing bad about shooting rifles and shotguns left handed is that most of the controls are not designed to be useful for lefties. Trying to change the magazine in an AR-15 while slinged in is just a PITA.

For shooting handguns I just shoot it with my right hand and sight with my left eye.
1 - 1 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.