close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cross fit trainer killed scenario

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Mesquite, May 5, 2016.

1. Mesquite

Mesquite Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I'm referring to the former Beau Rivage chef,turned Cross fit trainer in Ft.worth, Tx. Sorry I didn't get the news report copied to this. This guy tried to stop a guy who had fired at his wife's feet & was fleeing. Pulled his gun, then got so close that the shooter could knock it out of his hand, then shot him. Shooter is a solder at Ft Hood. The victim was former military.
    Question : how many errors did dead guy make if any. How we react in real time? Particularly for us non LEO .
    Hope I put this in correct thread

2. DEADEYE 1

DEADEYE 1 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Just by what you said; don,t let anyone get close enough to kick, grab or wrestle your gun from your hand.
    When confronting an attacker at close range, keep your weapon close to your body, it is easier to take a gun from a bad guy or good guy when he has his arm outstretched like target shooting. Combat shooting stance should be different than long range shooting stance.
    Then don,t ever pull a gun out and point it unless you are prepared to pull the trigger. It is easier said than done.
    Also the man was already running away. A running man is a desperate man. They could have just call the police since the present danger seemed to be over. Just my thoughts, I need to find out more facts. Sometimes I have to take a news break for a day or two.
    I am not a LEO but I have had training in these senarios and have taught self defense.