Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Waffennarr
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These are some works one must have to understand what one is actually purchasing/collecting. First from our own Douglas M. Bowser, for the Swedish Mauser series and the Winter War (aka "Finn") Mosin Nagants - the only ones worth owning, in my opinion:
IMG_1811.JPG (Viciously dangerous Chiweenie NOT included)
But if you really want a comprehensive Mosin Nagant reference, my bud Karl-Heinz Wrobel has a nice 2-volume set:
IMG_1809.JPG Yeah it's in German but if you're serious about this stuff, you know the most important terms.
Then there are the Combloc firearms.
For handguns:
IMG_1807.JPG I recommend the original German but I do have a bit of bias here, I admit...
And these are surprisingly good, with lots of great photography.
IMG_1808.JPG
Sorry for the sideways stuff. I have an OLD iPhone.

·
Premium Member
6,295 Posts
Love Doug’s book and another comprehensive Swede book is Crown Jewels. Any Swede fan must have (if you can find it). I do need to step up my reference library.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Here's another I just got today. Dieter H. Marschall is a very knowledgeable individual when it comes to firearms. This is the latest, 5th edition of his book on Walther pistols. It is available in English but I don't believe the 5th edition is out in English yet, and he says he's not sure if the publisher intends to print an English edition. The previous editions are however easy to find, Walther Pistols. P1 through P99 is I believe the most recent (4th) edition in English.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts