Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a couple of years ago I bought a Sig P210 Target and it has become one of my favorite shooters. Problem is there is a very limited choice in holsters for it. I talked to a few custom holster guys and was told they could do it but I needed to ship them my gun as there aren’t any blue gun copies of it out there. I wasn’t really wild about that prospect so the idea sort of got put on the shelf. Then a friend at a local gun shop in Vicksburg told me about a guy who had just started making holsters as a hobby. He and I talked at length about what I wanted and together with his input this is the finished product. He’s says this is gonna be his part time retirement gig. I like it!
Footwear Brown Shoe Helmet Glove
Revolver Trigger Shotgun Ammunition Bullet

·
I could only pick one, extra money, or guns.
5,920 Posts
I wonder how he molds leather like that. The stitching looks perfect. It really would look good if my stainless 1911 was stuck in it.
You "case" the leather, which is just getting it slightly damp and then you "bone" it, which means you stick whatever you're molding in there after it's wet and run your tool, traditionally an antler piece or smoothed bone, around the piece. Leather will take whatever shape you give it when it's wet, and it will dry that way very stiffly. Then usually the leather is treated with some type of oil to return some of the suppleness. People also do this with a vacuum sealer as well, which generally gives better results, but the type of vacuum sealer you need is pretty expensive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts