Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I could only pick one, extra money, or guns.
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our good friend @onlymaroonmatters has graciously requested that I make him a custom knife. With his permission I thought it would be neat to share the steps and progress with all you here who may be interested. So I will be periodically updating this thread with photos and short run downs of what's been done and what is to come.

With some time and attention these simple materials below will be transformed into a beautiful custom blade. I appreciate OMM's business and am happy to facilitate him with a handcrafted one of a kind item.

PXL_20210707_233929650.jpg

I'll update it once the knife has its rough shape and is ready to be beveled.

·
Premium Member
15,193 Posts
Our good friend @onlymaroonmatters has graciously requested that I make him a custom knife. With his permission I thought it would be neat to share the steps and progress with all you here who may be interested. So I will be periodically updating this thread with photos and short run downs of what's been done and what is to come.

With some time and attention these simple materials below will be transformed into a beautiful custom blade. I appreciate OMM's business and am happy to facilitate him with a handcrafted one of a kind item.

View attachment 272563

I'll update it once the knife has its rough shape and is ready to be beveled.
B414CC1C-AAD1-4FCF-A99C-217C9C608DA1.gif

on a picture of that grinder!

·
μολὼν λαβέ
38,774 Posts
Watching with lots of interest.............:oops:

·
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would also like to add that any wood you see used in any of these projects was locally harvested and processed by a man out of Batesville MS. Some of the more exotic ones I have like mahogany weren't harvested locally but they are processed by the same individual.

·
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What steel are you gonna be using for this one? Like the shape so far.
I use 1084, unless I can't find it in the size I need then I'll use O1, and if I can't find any O1, I just wait lol. This particular one is 1084. I've messed with 80crv2 and I liked it but I don't have the experience with it that I do 1084. 80crv2 is pretty similar to 1084 but we are about to fall victim to semantics lol. I could go on on.

·
Super Moderator
8,637 Posts
Nice. I like the shape. Reminds me of Benchmade 133.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I use 1084, unless I can't find it in the size I need then I'll use O1, and if I can't find any O1, I just wait lol. This particular one is 1084. I've messed with 80crv2 and I liked it but I don't have the experience with it that I do 1084. 80crv2 is pretty similar to 1084 but we are about to fall victim to semantics lol. I could go on on.
Can’t go wrong with 1084 or 1095, I know what ya mean sir.

·
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll have some pictures updates soon, it's just in some pretty unremarkable processes at the moment. Making sure all the surfaces are flat and the edges are 90 before beveling, locating pin holes etc.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
38,774 Posts
Looking really good. How long of a knife can you produce from your blanks?

Reactions: ThatGuy
1 - 20 of 24 Posts